CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
The Advanced Materials Research team is looking for a Research Scientist who can lead research projects to develop polymer materials and processes that have the potential to enable more automation in garment manufacturing and finishing or add differentiating functionalities in garment products. To succeed in this applied research role, you must be comfortable with pushing the boundaries of materials and processes to satisfy manufacturing and product requirements under tight product development timelines, which will require working with a wide range of material suppliers, internal and external customers with hardware development and apparel design and manufacturing backgrounds.
- Working with product development teams, initiate and carry through advanced material and process research projects from concept to integration into production
- Collaborate with industry and academic partners to assess potentials and feasibility of nascent materials for integration into garment manufacturing and finishing processes.
- Build up internal material characterization and garment product testing capabilities
- Effectively communicate constraints in materials and processes to product development engineers and garment designers
- Contribute to companys intellectual property goals in the forms of invention disclosures, publications and conference presentations
- Champion data-driven decision making and documentation of work
- MS. degree in polymer chemistry, materials science or equivalent fields with 3 or more years of professional experience
- Direct experience with developing from concept to launch of one or more of the following materials used in the context of consumer electronics, medical devices or textile and apparel products: adhesives, elastomers, inks, dyestuffs, foams
- Demonstrated knowledge in surface treatment and characterization techniques for bonding and coating applications
- Demonstrated knowledge in polymer structure and property relationships and hands-on experience with material characterization techniques for mechanical, thermal and environmental behaviors
- Demonstrated knowledge in statistical tools for process characterization, development and control (gage R&R, DOE, ANOVA, SPC)
- Attention to detail, safety conscious, and respectful of team members with diverse technical backgrounds and life experience
- Ph.D. degree in polymer chemistry, materials science or equivalent fields with research experience in textile materials and coatings
- Track record of invention disclosures and technical publications
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.