At Hopper, were on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the worlds fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the worlds most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apples App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
A stellar opportunity to have a massive impact: join the rapidly growing team at a company that continually redefines how people travel. Hopper was built on the premise that the combination of big data + machine learning could empower travelers in a completely unprecedented way.
Were looking for a data-savvy individual to join our Data Science team as a Research Analyst focused on Airline Data Partnerships. In this role you will be responsible for collaborating with global airlines to develop the next generation of innovative solutions for modeling demand and pricing in the airline industry. Leveraging our archive of several trillion data points and data collaborations with major airlines, you will grow the Hopper business by developing solutions which bring a unique value to both the airlines and Hopper customers.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our data science team cares deeply about the growth and success of Hopper, and is invested in delivering the best possible experience we can to our more than 40 million users. Work on an award winning product that our customers love and continue to find exceptionally useful in a market and space that is continually growing every year.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with airline partners on the future of the travel booking experience, and test new ideas and products in production.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify new areas where Hopper can lead innovation in the travel industry.
- Create unique value for Hopper users and airline partners through data sharing and mutual experimentation.
- Leverage Hopper's unique data sets to help airlines solve pricing and demand problems, while getting our users first in line to enjoy the benefits of these new solutions.
- Source and develop new data sources to create innovative, data driven solutions designed to improve our understanding of demand and pricing in the travel industry.
- Transform complex analyses and experiments into compelling, and easy to understand stories to present to airline partners and stakeholders
A STRONG CANDIDATE HAS:
- A degree in Computer Science, Economics, Math, Statistics or other quantitative discipline.
- Experience working at an airline or in the aviation industry with a focus on demand and pricing (Revenue Management, Network Planning, Pricing etc).
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills combined with strong communication and collaboration skills.
- The ability to distill complex subjects and data into compelling and understandable write ups and presentations to diverse audiences.
- Experience with relational databases, strong technical skills in Python and SQL.
- Exposure to scripting with Pandas, R, SAS or other data preparation and analysis tools
Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!
More Jobs From