Brandwatch is the global leader in social and digital consumer intelligence, working with the biggest brands and most admired agencies worldwide – 39 of the Fortune 100 are clients.
Recently named a leader in The Forrester Wave™, we build smart software solutions that help capture, understand and share insights from millions of conversations across the web and beyond. Home to over 500 people worldwide with offices in 10 locations, Brandwatch is a place that motivates and supports its staff to find answers to new problems in an ever changing social and digital world. Brandwatch is part of Cision Ltd—a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals.
The Professional Services team’s mission is to drive adoption, expansion and retention of the Brandwatch suite of products, by delivering actionable insights, intelligent solutions and remarkable service. As a member of the Strategy & Insights team within Professional Services, you will execute bespoke research projects designed to help our clients understand their brands, consumers and industries and take action with this knowledge.
In this role, you will help clients leverage the power of social intelligence to inform strategy, monitor progress and measure success of client business initiatives. Research analysts support the planning and delivery of research projects from storyboarding and research planning to the executing and delivery to the client. While research projects will be primarily based in North America, Strategy & Insights is a global team and your role will require close teamwork across our international teams.
The Research Analyst will:
- Build a research/storytelling plan that maps to the brief, project objectives with timelines and accountabilities.
- Execute on a research plan and build a narrative with data that is engaging and actionable.
- Provide strategic and consultative guidance to clients across roles/functions to map to their larger business goals/data.
- Represent the team in client-facing meetings, communication with clients on projects, and present to internal and external audiences.
- Work collaboratively and independently on research projects with a focus on personal accountability and project management.
- Gain an understanding of the full range of Brandwatch products and have a proven understanding of analysis, data storytelling and research methods.
- Travel when required (once covid-related concerns are over) to in-person consultations, including some travel outside of standard office hours (<10%).
- 2+ years of research experience or data / statistical analysis, preferably with exposure to consumer insights and social media research.
- Understanding of marketing, market research and / or social media. Ability to think like a client and make recommendations based on business objectives.
- Technical aptitude for learning new software and conducting both quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Experience creating data visualizations, data storytelling, and creating a compelling story flow of report deliverables.
- Confidence in business writing, client communication and presentation skills. Experience working directly with clients a plus.
- Competency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Full training in Brandwatch software will be provided. Familiarity with social research, Boolean searches, unstructured data, Brandwatch or similar software is a strong advantage.
- Multilingual skills are a plus but not a prerequisite.
The requirements listed in job descriptions are guidelines. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark with the number of years of experience the company’s looking for, please apply and gain the opportunity to be considered.
At Brandwatch, we offer flexible and remote working, a competitive benefits package, an extensive people development program, including LinkedIn Learning for every employee and in-house courses such as our Brandwatch Leadership Development program, and community-focused groups, such as our Diversity & Inclusion and Green committees.
Working at Brandwatch: Our values are about being authentic, bold, and creative. And we believe these values are best embodied by enabling people to do their best work in an environment that works for them. Whether fully remote, within one of our global offices, or a combination of the two, we have the tools and resources to make working to these values both possible and enjoyable.
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.