Join ERT as a Customer Care Representative to provide first-level technical support over the phone in support of clinical trials deployed at hundreds of clinical sites worldwide. Troubleshoot transmission or other equipment usage problems. Handle re-supply and report requests in a timely and efficient manner. Multi-lingual fluency is strongly preferred (including English, Japanese, Mandarin and Spanish language skills).
This is a flex-shift position meaning it requires the ability to work a rotating shift (rotations will occur every 4 weeks and are expected to include weekends, evenings and/or holidays as assigned). Premium pay of 10% will be provided to accommodate the rotating shift.
ERT is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so that customers can move ahead with confidence. With nearly 50 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what’s next, so we can adapt without compromising standards.
Powered by the company’s EXPERT® technology platform, ERT’s solutions enhance trial oversight, enable site optimization, increase patient engagement and measure the efficacy of new clinical treatments while ensuring patient safety. Since 2014, more than half of all FDA drug approvals came from ERT-supported studies. Pharma companies, biotechs and CROs have relied on ERT solutions in 10,000+ studies spanning more than three million patients to date. By identifying trial risks before they become problems, ERT enables customers to bring clinical treatments to patients quickly — and with confidence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather demographic and visit information for all incoming calls for assigned product lines and resolve any outstanding issues within 24 hours of the receipt of the call.
- Enter Data and maintain accurate and complete client, site and patient information in the database.
- Assist client with any problems with equipment, hook-up, or transmission. Escalate unachievable issues to Supervisor/Manager/Project Manager.
- Report specific clinical irregularities to the Supervisor/Manager/Project Manager.
- Monitor fax failures and assure prompt delivery of information to the site.
- Assist in the resolution of queries and report requests for related products processed in the used clinical application/program.
- Report any malfunction of business related systems to Supervisor/Manager/IT.
- Maintain production metrics as defined by Customer Care Management.
- Receive phone calls, faxes, emails or other communications from clients requesting assistance. Evaluate the situation and provide rapid resolution to the issue.
- Work closely with on-site and remote management by responding to and resolving customer inquiries and request for technical information.
- Provide recommendations for service set-up, usage and troubleshooting.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other job duties as trained and assigned.
- Assume other job responsibilities as directed by the Supervisor or other Customer Care Management.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. ERT reserves the right to update this job description. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
- College or high school degree (or equivalent) with at least 6 months call center/help desk experience preferred. Two years of IT help desk, other IT support experience preferred
- Available to work all shifts on a rotating basis (monthly rotation).
- Strong technical aptitude required.
- Demonstrated superior Customer Service skills; prior help desk experience strongly preferred.
- Multi-lingual skills are strongly preferred. English is mandatory and other preferred languages are Japanese, Spanish and Mandarin.
- Previous experience working with or knowledge of pharmaceutical, clinical or medical devices preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in resolve issues.
- Exercise patience and display Customer Service skills in difficult situations and demonstrate the ability to diffuse potentially stressful situations for ERT clients.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; able to speak well and represent ERT in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.