Amazon delivers over 1.6 million packages a day, all sorted and assembled by "frontline workers" - the folks in warehouses, production facilities, and more. But Amazon is not alone - it's one of thousands of e-commerce, manufacturing, logistics, transportation and warehousing companies that depend on frontline workers to fulfill all of our daily needs.
Demand for these workers is strong - up nearly 40% despite COVID. However, worker turnover is high, increasing every year of the last decade, which has an adverse effect on both companies and their employees.
WorkStep is tackling this $100 billion problem, offering the only Enterprise SaaS hiring and retention solution purpose-built for this sector. WorkStep helps large enterprises find and hire frontline workers more cost-effectively, while also increasing the satisfaction -- and retention -- of existing employees. The result is better-fit hires, more satisfied employees, much lower churn, and tens of millions in annual savings.
WorkStep is growing at over 100% per year and is cash flow positive, with a customer base that includes 16 of the Fortune 500. The company just raised a $10.5 million series A led by FirstMark Capital (on top of a $6.7 seed round), and is stepping on the gas big time.
As the company’s first VP Marketing, the ideal candidate needs to be able to think strategically, recruit and hire exceptional talent, and execute in a hands-on capacity. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who has played a key role on a successful high-growth marketing team and is ready to run marketing from the ground up.
The VP Marketing will be a key member of the senior leadership team, and will report directly to the Co-Founder & CEO. This role is remote, but must be US based.
- Team Leadership: Build and lead a marketing team that includes product marketing, performance marketing (b2b and consumer), content marketing, and more
- Collaborate Cross-Functionally: Work closely with product, sales and engineering leadership to harness customer insights that help to define the product roadmap
- Positioning/Messaging: Drive product and competitive product positioning, segmentation, messaging and value propositions that differentiate WorkStep and its products in the marketplace
- Go-to-market strategy: Plan and execute launches in partnership with the Product Marketing function
- Thought Leadership: Develop content and messaging to support the overall WorkStep communications strategy including web, email and social
- Sales Enablement: Be glued at the hip to the sales team, helping them shorten the gap between the customer/prospect and the product
- Sales pipeline contribution
- SQLs generated
- Workforce acquisition volume & CPA
- Experience as a leader in a high-growth SaaS marketing organization
- Experience building and managing successful, multi-disciplinary marketing teams
- Compelling story teller across written, visual and spoken communication
- Demonstrated success working effectively with sales and product teams
- Passion for the WorkStep mission
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO
- Top-notch technology
- Quarterly team building on-sites (when safe to resume)
- Workspace stipend
- Competitive company-sponsored health, vision, and dental benefits package
- Opportunity to join a passionate, motivated, and fun team at an early stage to help shape and execute on our mission