Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. As a global employer, we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. As we are committed to diversifying our company, we strongly encourage candidates that are historically underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Who you are
As Vice President, Information Security, you will be responsible for creating and managing a global, enterprise-wide security program to ensure that our information assets are adequately protected. Reporting directly to our Chief Operating Officer, you will create strategy, policies and frameworks as they relate to application security, infrastructure security, compliance and security operations.
Our customers need to trust us with privileged access to their most sensitive data, and we need to earn and maintain that trust every day. You will lead our seasoned and talented Security team -- foster our security vision, develop the roadmap to achieve it, and mentor the team to deliver on the strategy.
The ideal candidate will fill a visible, strategic, and high-impact leadership role within the organization. You will have excellent domain knowledge, and skills that leverage the capabilities of peers, business partners, associates and clients. You will instill the duty to protect our systems and the data of customers, employees, investors and partners. As such, this leader must engender control, trust, accountability, transparency and urgency in the execution of his/her responsibilities.
At a high level, this executive will have a mastery of Corporate Security (vulnerability, data loss prevention, zero trust networks, etc), Operational Security (high availability cloud platform at significant scale), Product Security, and Regulatory Frameworks (certifications, global end markets, etc.). Additionally, this individual will have a passion for hiring, mentoring and building the next generation of security talent and forging valuable relationships across the organization.
In this role you will wear many hats but your skills will be especially essential in the following:
- Define and execute both vision and strategy for the entire company’s security risk management program to include organizational security, information technology, application security, and compliance, leveraging a combination of leadership and influencing skills to foster support for security business initiatives.
- Drives action through strong advocacy of the value of security.
- Serve as cybersecurity risk and subject matter expert and advisor for senior management on emerging threats, attacks, vulnerabilities and security concerns.
- Be aware of the developing security threats, and help the business understand the potential security implications related to ongoing projects.
- Manage all teams, and vendors involved in IT security, including hiring and developing a pipeline of talent, providing training and mentoring to security team members.
- Ensure global engineering and development teams are empowered with both the education and tools needed to incorporate security into development practices and automated build & deployment processes.
- Partner with Sales and Client Success teams to enable customer acquisition & retention, by acting as an executive sponsor to certain customers and participating in the sales cycle (e.g. meeting with customers, negotiating security/privacy language in deals, educating sales teams on security practices & capabilities, etc.
- Communicate security policies and procedures to all personnel and monitor compliance.
- Mature security processes to ensure our systems are monitored for security alerts, anomalies are tracked, and procedures followed when alerts triggered.
- Consult with the business to ensure systems and processes are designed & implemented with security and privacy in mind.
- Drive collaboration on information security across the enterprise, including the legal, information technology, research and engineering, services, sales, product management and finance.
- Oversee the coordination of internal and external audits or assessments of platform or internal business practices.
- Ensure compliance with global data privacy, use and sharing legislation.
- Champion secure multi-tenant SaaS architecture practices.
- Develop threat models and engage in ongoing development discussions on secure architecture
- Manage and coordinate security incident response
What you bring to the team
- 12+ years of experience leading security teams focused on all aspects of cybersecurity, including identity management, security engineering, software security, GRC, and security operations.
- 3+ years in senior leadership role at a global business.
- 5+ years of experience in securing systems running on public cloud infrastructures
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, etc are preferred.
- Experience in taking a risk-based approach to prioritize security efforts.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams while thriving in a fast-paced growing company.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with information security counterparts in customer and partner organizations.
- Record of successfully and directly managing budgets for information security teams.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, able to communicate security concepts to both technical and nontechnical audience.
- Technical background through application or infrastructure.
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.