Whats it like to work at iZotope?
Were the leaders in intelligent audio production and youll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, its really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!
iZotope is seeking a freelance writer with a passion for vocal recording, toplining, and vocal production (experience with iZotope Spire is a big plus).
As a content contributor for iZotopes Spire team, youll craft compelling written and musical content each month to help vocalists, musicians, and rappers reach their creative goals. With the support of our Spire team, youll write educational articles and step-by-step-tutorials to help vocalists learn how to create and record music, produce tracks, and hone their skills.
In this flexible and independent freelance position, youll have the freedom to get creative and guide your own work. Youll also get access to the latest in iZotope recording technology to help support your own productions. As iZotopes Spire content contributor, youll become an important part of the most cutting-edge part of our business.
As part of your application, please include your resume, cover letter, and a link to relevant published written workfor example audio production blogs you have writtenas well as links to any music youve producedsuch as vocal recordings that you have created.
- Experience writing, recording, and producing vocalsexperience with hip-hop, R&B, and similar genres preferred
- Ability to create engaging and easy-to-understand content for vocalists and musicians
- Excellent English writing and editing skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Responsiveness to instructions and openness to feedback with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Experience publishing music on social media and music sharing platforms
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and ability to integrate these best practices into your writing
- Must have access to an iPhone and be able to navigate the Spire app (familiarity with the Spire app is preferred)
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style preferred
At iZotope, were obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion.
iZotope is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization, the audio industry, and society as a whole.