At Feather, our mission is to transform people's relationship with material goods to create a healthier and happier planet. We are redefining furniture rental for city living and helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes and out of landfills.
About this job
The Vice President of Logistics is the executive leader responsible for strategies and execution within Feathers inventory acquisition, utilization, and movement. This role oversees some of the most important customer touch points to the business: the furniture itself and the delivery experience. Because Feathers success is contingent upon big & bulky reverse logistics execution, this role is crucial!
What youll do
Strategy & Execution:
- Own the activities and outcomes within the areas of domestic and international transportation, storage, fulfillment, last mile delivery, and refurbishment.
- Oversee the development of cleaning and repair techniques, quality standards, and quality control initiatives.
- Oversee product refurbishment and determine quality standards (how items are stored, transferred, etc.)
- Lead the execution of fulfillment systems, with outcomes pertinent to cost control and/or reduction, customer experience, revenue growth speed, and employee experience
- Partner with Customer Success and Merchandising leaders, firming up processes and strategies around customer experience, employee engagement, financial results, and technology of the business.
- Work closely with the Product team to help build out the product through which the Logistics team functions
- Inspire and motivate a geographically dispersed team, leading and growing your direct reports into exceptional managers and logistics professionals.
- Lead the team in quarterly OKR development and execution
Profit Margin Improvement:
- Collaborate with Finance leadership and the COO to interpret key business insights from financial results.
- Identify opportunities to improve profit margin, with balance to customer happiness and service quality.
- Proven success managing a country-wide (and/or international) fulfillment, delivery, or supply chain operation
- Advanced experience leading an operations team
- Experience developing, documenting, and implementing repeatable transformative processes (scaling or retooling) in supply chain or fulfillment for consumer goods
- Passion for leading people
- High energy and bias towards action when it comes to positive changes for our overall service, internal processes, and teams.
- A true love for logistics; you arent afraid to get into the trenches with your team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret data connecting human practices with business results
- Experience selecting and managing external service vendors
- Experience working with furniture assembly/stocking/cleaning
- Experience designing big and bulky (LTL) delivery and fulfillment systems
- Experience in a leadership position remote to headquarters
- Degree in mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering
- Lean Six Sigma certification
Who you are
- You have a point of view on leadership and constantly seeking to grow as a leader. You care deeply about fostering career development for the people you lead.
- You believe that the landscape of logistics is evolving, and you regularly read about new ideas and emerging strategies in logistics. You engage in dialogue in a logistics community outside of your day job.
- Youre exceptionally conscientious and organized. Everything is about structure and process for you.
- You are achievement-oriented. You wake up every morning thinking about what youre going to accomplish.
What you'll get when you join us
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- 401(k), commuter benefits, and HSA/FSA
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Company sponsored fitness program
- Free mental health coaching
- A monthly stipend to support remote work
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest hardware to get the job done