Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. As a global employer, we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. As we are committed to diversifying our company, we strongly encourage candidates that are historically underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Who you are
This role involves leading UX strategy for innovation-oriented Health product streams made up of multiple teams, managing multiple UX Designers while also being hands-on to assist with early-stage concept exploration and ideation and collaborating with other product and engineering stream leads on stream/product strategy and vision.
In this role you will wear many hats but your skills will be especially essential in the following:
- You are a holistic thinker, problem-framer, and user advocate, able to lead design sprints, understand complex technical and user challenges and journeys, and help create clarity and momentum about key features and approaches
- As a manager, you enjoy mentoring and coaching designers, identifying growth opportunities, and tailoring individual growth plans
- Ability to provide cross-org clarity about key features and approaches
- Ability to make informative artifacts and design facilitation workshops to help map out complex problems
- Ability to define and influence UX operational processes and mechanisms across the org.
- Demonstrated expertise in working with other managers and designers to identify cross-platform opportunities for collaboration.
- You’re comfortable deep in the weeds of the design process, as well as in conversing on the platform roadmap with product and company leadership
What you bring to the team
- BA/BS or MA/MS in design, HCI or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years managing UX designers
- Previous domain experience in digital health innovation or related categories, ideally including consumer experience
- Well-versed in Sketch, InVision, Abstract and other Design Ops tools and processes
- Strong visual design capabilities, ability to unify form and function
- Fluency in user-centered design methodology, best practices, and facilitation – and you’re always looking to improve and grow
- Collaboration skills (across disciplines and departments), specifically to ensure that design and UX decisions translate into the end product
- Research experience, ability to coordinate and guide user testing sessions, as well as analyze and communicate insights
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, highly collaborative, agile environment (while also leading process improvement efforts)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, able to present (and support) design decisions in a clear and compelling way
- Experience in data-oriented products and data visualization
- Interest and awareness of quantified-self trends and personal data collection as it relates to heath, financial categories
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
*Please note that Virgin Pulse representatives will only communicate with you via our own corporate communication tools with virginpulse.com email addresses and through partnership with our Applicant Tracking System, iCIMS, which will clearly reference Virgin Pulse. We do not use third party apps like WIRE or WhatsApp to communicate.
At no time during the interview process will we ask you for secure PII data unless you are offered a job with Virgin Pulse. Should you be offered a job, and accept, you will be provided with secure links through our partnership with ADP.