Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
We are seeking a UX Researcher with a strong track record of impact on successful mobile products.
At Stash, UX Research is a central part of the product development cycle; our Customer Journey is at the heart of all we do, allowing us to ensure that our product is built with our customers' needs front and center.
The right person will be comfortable inhabiting uncertainty and also excited to help us build a structure that's more scalable.
While you have UX research experience to draw from, you are continuously looking to raise the bar to both gather and transmit insights clearly. Youll partner with Design, Product and Data Science teams to develop amazing user experiences that reimagine, innovate, and redefine the financial space.
Stash is a fast-paced growth companyjoin us to work on hard, important problems, have fun, and make history.
What Youll Do
- Design and implement research on projects of medium-sized scope and complexity, largely independently using both quant and qual research.
- Identify actionable insights that not only build customer empathy, but also help teams make clear decisions about the product experience
- Engage partners in identifying questions to ask, building hypotheses, and making the right trade-offs to maintain the integrity of the product experience
- You present in and help lead in team/product brainstorming workshops, cross-functional critiques, and drive customer research.
- Document and share knowledge in your team and cross-functional groups.
- Foster collaborative relationships with Design, Product, and Data Science.
- Actively contribute to constructive design reviews and deliver quality.
Who You Are
- A mixed methods researcher, with insatiable curiosity about people, culture, and trends.
- Incorporate best practices in methods and tools, but are always looking to pioneer new methods that provide deeper insight.
- Demonstrated expert proficiency in research tools.
- Use judgment on how to drive quick and actionable insights at the right level as well as managing trade offs of rigor vs quick information
- Ability to balance data with customer insights to inform design decisions.
- Collaborative team player - you understand research is a team sport and when we win, we win together.
- Learning mindset with the desire to move fast and learn faster.
What You Bring to the Table
- 3+ years UX research with a track record of key contributions to successful mobile products.
- A portfolio that includes clearly framed problems, rigorous and creative approaches to solving them and clear outcomes on the product experience.
- Experience working with other UXRs, Designers, Product Management, and Data Science.
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIns Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**