Who We Are
Encortex is a data intelligence agency in Boston, that leverages cutting-edge quantitative analysis to help blue chip firms deploy capital more efficiently. We are a small, ambitious, and diverse group of quantitative analysts, data engineers, software engineers, & digital marketers. At the heart of what we do, is the belief that we change the way our clients collect, protect, and monetize data.
Who You Are
You are a curious individual who adapts to new environments and is comfortable with change. You believe in iterative progress, failing fast, and working through issues - alone and with others - until they are complete solved. You expect to contribute to your team's success, but also to the larger Encortex community. You appreciate and reflect our core values of Precision, Curiosity, Honesty, Responsibility, Fun & Respect.
What You’ll Do
As a Technical Operations Manager, you have a love of technology, efficient operations, and using the former to improve the latter.
In sum, you’ll work directly with the General Manager to run the daily operations of our digital marketing business. You will be responsible for a team of analysts, associates and operators and you will lead by example, removing impediments, improving skills, measuring accuracy and setting productivity standards along the way.
Your responsibilities will include:
Manage daily digital marketing operations to meet or exceed internal standards and expectations
- Daily execution of various manual operations processes
- Working with Engineering to automate certain manual processes
- Identify processing errors and faults – fixing them where you can and escalating where you cannot. This includes managing a team that responds to certain alarms within a certain period of time.
- Implement productivity and operational efficiency benchmarks for each role on your team by setting and monitoring department KPIs
- Monitor and solve problems during off-business hours
- Active management of your team members, from onboarding, cross-training, mentoring and skills development
Most importantly, you will proactively think about improving how things are done.
What You’ll Learn
At Encortex, you will benefit from interacting with a small team of super interesting people. You will learn how to solve problems in a community of problem solvers. You will appreciate the value of failing fast, transparent and honest communication, and working with a team that feels the same.
- 2+ years of management experience, specifically managing a growing operations team in a tech-heavy business setting
- 5+ years of overall operations experience in a tech-heavy business setting
- 1+ year of professional experience with SQL
- Comfort with standard marketing and operational technology: Spreadsheets, Linux, Web & IP tech, HTML & CSS, etc - and the desire to develop expertise
- Excellent communication skills, up and down the management chain
- Superlative time management skills and the ability to adapt to a changing schedule
- The ability to work off-business hours and weekends when necessary
- Demonstrated track record of managing people and running a team
- Experience in building and measuring KPIs for your team
- Experience working with offshore teams