Cogito is looking for an experienced, high-energy Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) to augment field activities and drive customer and partner engagement as well as influence overall product strategy based on feedback. You will be encouraged and empowered to look for new ways and solutions to respond and address our customer needs in creative ways.
Reporting to the Head of Product Marketing, the Technical Marketing Engineer will be a technical subject matter expert on the Cogito solution. The TME will own product demonstrations, including working with the Product and Technical Solutions teams to define roadmap and requirements, be involved in all aspects of ensuring that the Cogito sales team and our partners have the right demos and technical content to support the sales process as well as provide in-depth understanding of what the product does and how it does it. As part of Product Marketing, the TME will work with Product Management to constantly assess the product-problem fit, ensuring that what was built, shipped, and sold exceeds our customer's expectations. The TME will also have a large role in competitive intelligence, research, and the generation of competitive insights and training for both direct and channel salesforces.
This role requires a combination of technical/software knowledge to obtain a deep understanding of our products and the training and hands-on experience to effectively communicate technical product capabilities and customer benefits and develop scalable sales tools to optimize selling to our buyers.
- Understanding the technical details of the product, including how our product works, is configured, and is deployed, and subsequently communicating the technical value for the end user.
- Creating and managing various industry-focused demos and demo environments and working closely with sales to help present the capabilities of these solutions to meet customers needs.
- Working with our internal technical teams to help develop and articulate technical use cases that address customer needs while maintaining consistency of our overall product messaging and positioning.
- Conducting in-depth technical competitive research and analysis to create accessible competitive content for the field.
- Representing the voice of the customer and providing customer and market insights to Sales, Customer Success, Product Management, and Marketing teams.
- Developing technical content to drive product awareness and influence purchase
- Creating scalable sales tools that articulate Cogitos value proposition, including case studies, presentation decks, videos, and other customer/prospect-facing collateral.
- Applying product expertise to be an effective resource for sales in closing deals and growing accounts.
- Working with our channel partners to develop compelling technical sales content, demos, sales training, and enablement activities.
- 3+ years in a product marketing, technical sales enablement, or technical marketing role with a SaaS company.
- BA/BS Degree
- Scripting, database and/or telephony experience preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service, call center and/or CRM tools preferred.
- Previous work enabling partners and direct sales teams preferred
- Experience configuring demo environments and software
- Some travel is required
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects with multiple stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of market and buyer dynamics.
- Competitive technical research expertise required
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills to communicate complex technical capabilities in a compelling, accessible manner.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and comfortably interact with executive-level management
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Oriented towards having an impact and producing results.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with collaborative working style.
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative without needing a high level of supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and adapt your style to rapid organizational and platform change.
- Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your familys health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Frequent catered lunch and live product demos
- 401(k) retirement plan options
- Ongoing professional development and cross-training
- 20 days vacation time, 5 days sick time, 2 floating holidays and 11 company holidays
- 2 "Be Gentle" personal days
- Company paid parental leave upon hire
- Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
- Stock options via equity grants
- Eligibility for annual bonus for all non commissioned employees
- Casual and inclusive office atmosphere
- Office Optional policy where Cogicians choose where they work either primarily remote, primarily in office or hybrid
- Ability to support Cogicians anywhere in the US through our Office Optional policy
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.