Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data. This prevents the business from making better decisions to improve their company’s performance.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Presto, the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated Technical Content Writer who will drive our documentation efforts in collaboration with both internal engineering groups and our wider open source developer community. In this role, you will be responsible for creating useful training materials and tutorials for developers at different points of their journey of using and understanding Presto.
- Partner with our engineering, product, and marketing teams to create useful technical blogs, tutorials, documentation, and interactive training for users with varying technical needs and aptitudes.
- Dig into source code for community and internally developed systems to collect technical details for training materials and documentation.
- Create developer-facing documentation and training materials for Presto’s connectors and core engine to foster the growth of our developer community.
- Collaborate with our open source community to develop documentation standards.
- Edit written, video, or audio content used to convey concepts in the training materials.
- You have publicly available technical writing samples. Please provide links to at least two writing samples in your resume or cover letter.
- You are fluent reading and writing in SQL and at least 2 programming language. (e.g. Java, Python, C++).
- You are comfortable and familiar with modern infrastructure such as IaaS cloud services and containers.
- You enjoy self driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages.
- You have written or managed server-side software.
- You are able to transform dry technical topics into engaging, informative and interesting educational materials.
- You have experience using Jekyll or other static site generators.
- Strong communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have working knowledge of the data analytics space and/or Presto.
- You have working knowledge of non-linear video and audio editing. (e.g. Blender and Audacity).
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, and/or Docker.
- Working knowledge of AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes.
Location: Anywhere, United States
Headquartered in Boston MA with an office in Warsaw, Poland and with engineers, sales, and marketing across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.