Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North Americas fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
You get to guide and drive technical application design for Acquia customers and lead technical teams of some of the best talent in the Drupal and web development communities (from both Acquia and from our outstanding partners around the world). You will help Acquias clients across all vertical industries including government, consumer goods, pharma, gaming and media to make the most of the power of Drupal and open source.
Acquias team of Drupal rock stars is helping our customers build stunning web experiences, migrate to Drupal, tune and improve their Drupal implementations, and advise on all things Drupal and web architecture. With the rapid adoption of Drupal as a web platform, and with our growing number of Acquia-led technical development projects supporting our clients and partners, our Technical Architects are in high demand. They work with some of the most talented technologists and some of the hottest web properties on leading-edge web development projects. Engagements vary by customer and can include anything from custom coding and mentoring of partner and client teams to application design and ongoing guidance on architecture through development and application launch.
- Rapidly onboards to projects, including local / cloud environment setup for personal use
- Familiar with common development tools such as Git, Composer, BLT, Drush, Drupal VM / Lando / DDev / Cloud IDEs, etc.
- Contributes to code review in area of expertise
- Contributes to backlog refinement and planning in area of expertise
- Capable of jumping in and contributing to development activities on delivery projects in area of speciality
- Capable of acting as technical lead on simple projects in area of expertise
- Capable of simple debugging in area of expertise
- Writes code in area of expertise that conforms to industry / community / Acquia best practices
- Passion for learning and discovery. Self direction. When you don't know an answer, you go find it.
- Strong technical knowledge in area of speciality
- Contributes to the design of technical solutions to meet customer requirements
- Brings attention to detail, ability to focus (you and others) and eliminate distractions on projects.
- Independently researches and resolves technical problems.
- Able to participate in face-to-face customer communication
- Contributes to the positive building of positive relationships with customers and delivery team(s)
- Efficiently and professionally facilitates meetings/presentations/trainings via online platforms (e.g. Zoom) and/or in person
- Participates in all aspects of the technical portions of the PS methodology
- Communicates honestly, openly, with transparency.
- Ability to display empathy, patience and emotional IQ with customers.
- When necessary, acknowledges personal limitations (personal capabilities, time, etc.).
- Willing to take responsibility and ownership.
- Participates in knowledge sharing activities (e.g. architecture reviews)
- Strong presentation creation / delivery skills
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.