We're searching for a dynamic and innovative Staff Quality Engineer to join our Platform Engineering team. This is a great opportunity for someone who has the desire to work with teams that are passionate about lean startup principles, innovation and creating amazing customer experiences. This is an exciting and challenging role in a company that is continuously recognized for its world-class products!
Selected candidate will be part of the Commerce platform team within the CIO group and will be doing test planning and automation using various tools such Selenium webdriver and JMeter. Candidate will be contributing to major and minor release validation of Platform Services.
As a Staff Engineer you will
- Develop a good understanding of the Commerce platform services and be able to use this understanding to better the quality of testing and fault reporting.
- Responsible for oversight of test planning, test case design and interaction with developers in creating solutions to improve quality of software products.
- Determine appropriate methodologies and procedures for new assignments and provide guidance to other development and test engineers.
- Work closely with cross functional teams in handling queries and escalations from Commerce partners and customers
Your daily tasks will include:
- Analyzing product requirements and carrying out test design and estimation
- Designing and implementing code for our world-class test automation system
- Designing and executing test plans for product features, largely automated
- Exploring product quality issues and triaging automated test runs
- Liaising with developers and managers on technical issues
- Assisting with software process improvement
- Driving the integrity and quality of technical work on significant projects
- Coordinating your own activities with those of other engineers
- Maintaining close liaison with other departments on technical matters and working closely with vendors or customers on technical information, handling escalation issues etc.
- Actively supporting and enforcing the company's software engineering processes and standards within the group.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5-7 years of directly related work experience with strong knowledge in software testing
- Experience in one or more relevant programming languages (Java, C# etc.)
- Knowledge and discipline in software engineering process and the development lifecycle
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with attention to product quality.
- Excellent communication skills a must
Desired Qualifications, (the nice-to-haves):
Knowledge of Commerce and Salesforce
Proven ability to work collaboratively with a team in an Agile development environment.
Job Segment: Automation, SDET, Test Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Selenium, Webdriver