The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Candidate note: This role can sit remotely in the US
We are currently looking for a hands-on senior software engineer to join our BDR (Bi-directional Replication) product development team building EDB's strategic replication technologies.. As a core capability of our portfolio, BDR enables our customers with highly available and performant multi-node and cross-regional Postgres clusters for modern distributed computing environments. Joining as a member of the team, you will be expected to design, develop and document new system capabilities and improve existing system capabilities in accordance to customer requirements while meeting EDBs quality standards. You can learn more about BDR capabilities and its targeted use case here.
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into executable tasks.
- Design, code, test, and document new BDR capabilities requested by customers
- Improving the performance and usability of existing BDR capabilities.
- Perform root cause analysis on production incidents to prescribe optimal solutions and recommend prevention strategies.
- Collaborate closely with other members of the development team on large software features.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a distributed international team
- 5-8+ years of experience working as a hands-on software engineer
- Strong problem-solving skills, at times this may be under pressure when in production
- Calm and methodical approach with good communication skills
- 3-5 years+ experience building and deploying distributed systems in the cloud
- In-depth understanding of databases and knowledge of SQL
- Understands and willing to follow whole modern software development life cycle processes
- Experience with databases in production environments
- In-depth knowledge of C
- Experience with Python and Perl
- Experience working within a you build it, you own it culture.
- Experience with the major Cloud Providers; AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with test driven development
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.