Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Sr. Director for Professional Services will be directly responsible for revenue and profit margin for a new department focused on post-implementation services. We believe there is a market for a profitable suite of service offerings. These need to be created, researched, tested, implemented and then scaled. The individual occupying this role will be a senior member of the team skilled in building a services business from scratch, working with multiple departments who are already testing some concepts and driving value-added customer engagements. They will drive research on suggested service products to ensure there is a big enough market, test pricing and profitability. They will test different offerings through existing staff before building a team and scaling out the department. They will be responsible for revenue, margin, customer adoption/sentiment, and utilization (eventually).
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Serve as the Post-Live Professional Services leader
- Develop Professional Services product offerings through research and tests including scope, pricing, packaging, messaging and GTM efforts.
- Develop and maintain core KPIs and OKRs that ensure visibility into and success of Professional Services
- Identify and help drive delivery of department-level initiatives that increase adoption (attach rate), revenue and margins
- Partner with Implementation Services, Restaurant Success and Support to sell and deliver these services
- Build department- and initiative-level playbooks that ensure success against core KPIs.
- Build relationships directly with customers as appropriate
- Ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction and value creation for customers with these products
- Uncover and create opportunities to drive customer growth (revenue, expansion, efficiency, etc) throughout different elements of the customer journey.
- Act as an advocate for Toasts customers by acquiring customer feedback and advocating for customer needs with other departments (product, support etc) as needed
- Work with BI and Systems teams to implement and improve reports, system rules & workflows, dashboards, automated emails, surveys, and more.
- Help drive an evolving company-wide culture of customer-centricity.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 10+ years in customer or sales functions with at least 5 years driving a services organization
- Must have worked for a high growth technology company or provided services to restaurants or similar businesses at scale
- Experience building teams or products from scratch a significant plus
- Restaurant experience a significant plus
- Extensive experience leading large cross-functional initiatives and teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude; experience at a technology company or relevant consultancy is ideal
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multitask driving impact to results
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-class global customer experience together
- Creative, analytical and execution-oriented
- Ability to effectively operate both strategically and tactically
- Value and thrive in an environment of learning and interacting with high-capability, high-energy people
*Bread puns encouraged but not required