A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit more about this role:
The Sr. Actuarial Analyst is responsible for a variety of actuarial processes, including supporting the annual Medicare Advantage and Part D bids, monthly reserve setting, forecasting, and ad hoc analyses to support business decision making within claims, risk adjustment, clinical, and network functions. The Actuary will be involved in evaluating new markets, designing new and enticing products, and monitoring the performance of our health plan operations. The ideal candidate will possess an intellectual curiosity and passion to move the business forward though insightful analyses.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide expertise and consultation and/or create policies and procedures to advance capabilities in organizational pricing (MA & Part D), reserving, budgeting/forecasting, benefit design, provider contracting, risk adjustment, regulatory reporting, pharmacy benefits management, population health, provider reimbursement, enterprise risk management, and financial performance management.
- Actuarially represent Devoted Health with external entities such as regulators, auditors, and partners.
- Comply with requirements for Actuarial Opinions (serving as the Appointed Actuary) related to the annual financial statements, as well as various actuarial analyses as covered by the Actuarial Standard of Practices.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and expertise in regional and national managed health care trends and best practices, seeking opportunities to translate those to Devoted Health.
- Provide oversight to all key, organizational, financial arrangements, including non-actuarial arrangements.
- Collaborate with senior management and business staff to prepare key financial statements and projections, including budget, forecasts, and monthly statements.
Attributes to success:
- Must be analytical, hands on, and able to be a contributor on day one.
- Strong actuarial functional expertise with an understanding of the key financial drivers of Medicare Advantage health plan operations.
- Strategic ability to understand the business at large and connect points across mathematical and financial relationships across the organization.
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous start-up environment where everyday we try to develop and optimize our operations.
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, to include maintaining the confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information consistent with moral, professional and regulatory requirements.
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a startup, fast paced environment.
- Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Member of the American Academy of Actuaries
- 3+ years of relevant actuarial experience in healthcare, with a focus on Government Programs.
- Technical proficiency in all aspects of statutory health care actuarial practice including pricing, reserving, and data reporting.
- Experience in Medicare Advantage, including development of the annual bid (and related reviews and audits), risk adjustment, and provider reimbursement.
- Experience in actuarial valuation, specifically the preparation and analysis of financial statements, actuarial opinion, and actuarial memorandum.
- Broad understanding of managed care business and financial principles such as underwriting, medical management, physician reimbursement, and risk management.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.