Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
- Team management including technical and professional mentorship of team members.
- On-time delivery of high quality, secure & performant software.
- Foster a rewarding engineering culture on your teams.
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple departments at Amwell (Engineering, Dev Ops, Technical Services, Product, UI/UX, Professional Services, Business Intelligence)
- Bring new ideas to the table (both technology and process) and influence engineering culture at Amwell.
- 6+ years of professional experience working within software engineering organization
- 2+ years of management experience leading engineering teams.
- History of defining team mission & executing deliverables on time.
- A bias to action & ability to motivate a team to challenge conventional software engineering thinking.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS and GCP are a plus)
- Ability to lead technical design sessions and influence code reviews too.
Should you join Amwell and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting