Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
As a Mobile Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for building best in class mobile platform & infrastructure from the ground up at Benchling. You will be working on designing and developing mobile apps while integrating with the rest of the Benchling platform & back-end services solving important enterprise customer R&D needs in various life sciences verticals.
We are looking for strong mobile engineers with 5+ years of experience working on iOS & Android platforms as part of building a new team. You'll collaborate with former Twitter, Google, and Facebook engineers to build highly scalable, modular mobile applications that delight the users and are enterprise customer centric.
- Design a new mobile platform architecture from the ground up that is modular, scalable and extensible
- Collaborate with enterprise customers on mobile-first use cases while integrating with the rest of Benchling platform and back-end services
- Define and build a test framework to validate the mobile functionality
- Define and build the mobile application release framework
- Define, measure, analyze and build the framework for mobile KPIs
- Collaborate with technical peers, product, design, and other cross-functional teams
- Have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer building mobile applications published to the app store (iOS or Android)
- Have experience delivering mobile apps through the full software development lifecycle from working with product/design, evaluating technical requirements to delivery and testing
- Have experience with Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C, React Native, or other mobile frameworks
- Have experience with multi-threaded programming and mobile memory management
- Have cloud-based development experience with AWS or equivalent
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Quarterly mental health days
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.