The Motus Technology team is looking for an experienced server-side software engineer to join the team in the midst of some exciting expansion. The team is currently working on building a next-generation calculation and analytics platform, migrating existing monolithic applications to a service-based architecture and supporting new lines of business all while improving the stability, security and efficiency of our production systems. Our server applications use Docker, Java, and PostgreSQL to provide a scalable, flexible microservice architecture that support our web clients, native mobile applications, and public-facing REST APIs.
The ideal candidate for this role will be motivated and excited to have an opportunity to work on a variety of projects that include a wide range of responsibilities within an agile development environment. Someone who has been successful at building scalable, maintainable and extensible software on a Java stack is preferred.
- Collaborate with product managers, business analysts, developers, and architects in conceptualizing and developing new software applications and enhancements.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, estimating, scheduling, and implementation. Write code using a variety of programming languages.
- Explore the use of emerging application development software products, libraries and standards in support of new product development efforts.
- Write and maintain clear and concise documentation of new and existing systems.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 1-3 years of experience developing server applications.
- Experience with Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate and JPA.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming (OOP), design patterns, and domain driven design.
- Experience with modern web development such as AJAX, HTML5 / CSS3, single-page applications, mobile web development.
- Experience working in a Scrum environment and working knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Industry recognized certifications a plus.
- Self-Motivated and able to work independently in a remote work environment
Motus makes work-life better for over a quarter of a million professionals whose jobs take them on the go. Its suite of products is used by nearly 3,000 companies to manage their employees for their use of their personal assets cars, mobile devices, home offices, and more for business purposes.
Compensation & Benefits:
Motus offers a competitive compensation package. Our company-wide comprehensive suite of benefits includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), unlimited vacation, time-off for volunteering, and more.
Motus, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.