We are currently seeking an SMS/MMS Compliance Analyst based out of our Boston office (remote would be considered with appropriate experience) to provide world-class service focusing on troubleshooting and resolving delivery issues due to aggregator or carrier filtering. Ideally, we are looking for an experienced SMS/MMS Compliance Analyst or someone who has worked hands-on with SMS/MMS dealing with customers and is looking to expand their experience working to manage a positive environment for e-commerce sending customers to be successful.
Our Compliance team supports our customers by serving as a protection against fraud, abuse and other violations that may affect their sending environment. Compliance is the watchdog resolving delivery failures and identifying abuse through work with customers, ISPs and antispam organizations for the entire sending environment making recommendations for optimization. The SMS/MMS Compliance role will give you a well rounded experience in the entire process of the SMS/MMS and email industries working with a wide range of experience in senders. Also keeping a hand in identifying and improving new SMS/MMS processes.
Why the role is important
The SMS/MMS Compliance role is one of the most exciting positions at Klaviyo. As a highly valued role, this role gets a lot of attention and focus from the rest of the company. At Klaviyo, we know how important the customer experience is and Compliance ensures the needs of the customer are fully met by providing an efficient process as well as educating our customers on the importance of meeting all of the aggregators complex roles in order to receive great delivery. We pride ourselves on customer retention and our philosophy at Klaviyo is to treat our customers as partners. Compliance is in charge of managing these very important tasks.
How you'll make an difference:
- Identify and improve the current SMS/MMS application processes.
- Process complex short code and number port applications.
- SMS delivery concepts and teaching the importance to our customers
- Educating customers on SMS delivery best practices, sending and content strategies
- Work directly with the customer to resolve aggregator compliance issues.
- Review customer delivery metrics, trending, and reputation data; make recommendations for optimization.
- Review customers and prospects sending practices making sure they are in compliance with our TOS as well as SMS regulations, terminate or educate customers as necessary.
- Identify new regulations and improve processes to ensure the best customer experience.
Who you are:
- 2+ years experience with SMS/MMS sending for a third party sender/Application Provider, Aggregator or Carrier working directly within the SMS/MMS process.
- Familiar with SMS delivery best practices regarding sending strategy and content
- Has enthusiasm and passion for helping customers
- Loves to troubleshoot and solve complex problems!
- Cares about trust and transparency
- Has outstanding analytical skills
- Is comfortable working with business stakeholders, and technical development teams and who can help negotiate priorities and resolve issues.
- Has a basic understanding of SMS and MMS related technologies, including short code provisioning, number porting, aggregator rules, application provider processes, differences in carrier regulations, and the overall security threat landscape.
- Has a basic understanding of Email-related technologies, including SMTP, DNS, FBLs, authentication, bounce types, email abuse, spam and security threat landscape
- Has an understanding of email deliverability concepts and best practices
- Technical Writing/Blogging and Training Experience
- Familiarity with Python, SQL, Command Line, GitHub, CRM applications (such as Salesforce.com)
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in an IT-related field or relevant experience
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.