BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits and relationships. The hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first and offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurants website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 5,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Roses Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
Were looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help build the worlds best digital operations platform for restaurants. Our current application stack consists mostly of React and Django/Python and runs on AWS using EC2, Redis, and Postgres. We use Ansible, Jenkins and Terraform to manage our infrastructure.
- Design and build systems and processes to ensure a scalable, secure, redundant, distributed production environment
- Improve automation of the deploy process and CI pipeline using DevOps best practices
- Drive infrastructure security initiatives
- Collaborate with broader engineering team on new feature rollouts
- Be on periodic on-call duty to support the infrastructure
- Ensure site uptime and performance SLAs are met
- Uphold BentoBoxs core mission, vision, and values
Skills and Attributes
- 5+ years hands-on developing infrastructure and automation solutions in a high traffic, high scale, always up, always available environment
- Proficiency with IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Packer in a cloud environment.
- Experience supporting build/deploy pipelines and Git workflows using tools such as Github Actions, Jenkins, Spinnaker
- Familiarity with container orchestration services such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience deploying, operating and debugging server software on Linux
- Some familiarity with our application stack: React, Python, Celery, Redis, Postgres
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) - BentoBox covers 100% of healthcare premium costs
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities, including a yearly learning stipend
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Please share with us why youre interested in this position. Include a link to your Github account, or any other public code samples youd like to share with us.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with our Recruiting team.
- Next, they will have a 45-minute technical video interview with our VP of Engineering
- Candidates who pass the first round will be invited to meet with a couple of our engineers and our CTO.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer pending a reference check.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.