Owl Labs is a collaborative tech company, creating an equalized meeting and learning experience for all, wherever participants may be. Powering hybrid teams and remote work is in our DNA. Owl Labs has been a leader when it comes to celebrating and connecting hybrid teams and classrooms -- meaning both in-office and remote workers, in-room students and at-home learning. We’re best known for the Meeting Owl product line, a smart 360° camera, mic, speaker all-in-one solution. Sitting in the center of the table, the Meeting Owl uses vision and voice recognition to shift the camera to focus on who’s speaking, giving all participants a feeling as if they’re in the same room. With the continued rise of hybrid teams and remote workers, our products allow for better collaboration and productivity no matter your location.
Our award-winning product, the Meeting Owl Pro, has been recognized by CES Innovation Awards 2020, Red Dot Design Awards 2020, SXSW Innovation Awards 2020 and our team recognized as an Inc. Best Workplaces 2020 and the esteemed Inc.’s Editor’s List.
The Senior Technical Support Specialist will be the primary point of contact to Meeting Owl end-users, resellers, and potential customers through all customer support channels, including chat, email, phone and video. We are looking for an empathetic, enthusiastic self-starter, who is comfortable taking the initiative to deliver outstanding customer support.
What You’ll Do
- Become a Meeting Owl expert. Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the Owl, its features, and its supported video conferencing platforms.
- Communicate Meeting Owl's features and benefits to potential customers, while answering all product questions and addressing their concerns.
- Own customer issues from start-to-finish, ensuring customers receive the fastest and easiest resolution to their issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues while maintaining excellent customer support by using standardized tools, or seeking additional help or guidance from Engineering teams as necessary.
- Escalate interoperability issues to external support organizations in order to investigate solutions and ensure a high standard of customer success.
- Demonstrate customer relations skills and maintain a positive company and product image during all interactions.
- By extracting information through customer interactions, provide voice of the customer feedback and suggestions, and product troubleshooting feedback to the relevant teams.
- Work with SQA and Customer Support teams by testing and qualifying Owl compatibility with new video conferencing platforms and hardware.
- Log requests for new and updated knowledge base articles based on information learned by customer interactions, and input from subject matter experts.
- Handle escalations and assist with escalated cases.
- Mentor Technical Support Specialists.
- Assist Technical Support team with troubleshooting advanced technical issues.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Owl Labs—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
- Passion for empathy and helping others be successful.
- 5 years of experience in a Technical Support role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required, with the ability to tailor custom messages.
- Passion for learning about and mastering new technology, including software and electronics.
- Ability to use your resources to troubleshoot technical problems, identify knowledge gaps, and quickly research and find answers to customer questions or issues.
- Must have the ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- If remote, you must be motivated and thrive in a work-from-home or shared office space environment. Your work environment must have a strong internet connection and private space for taking phone and video calls.
- Dedication to solving problems and delighting customers with quick, empathetic, polite and efficient customer service.
- Familiarity with a CRM or ticketing system, and with standard business applications (Help Scout, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Experience with video conferencing technologies in a business setting.
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks, or Wi-Fi connected devices a plus.
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position, but the 8 hour shift must be some time between 9am-6pm EST. Please specify in your application if you will be working remotely. Our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19. Our return to the office is currently TBD.
Please submit a cover letter with your application explaining why you think you’d be a great fit as our Senior Technical Support Specialist.
Who We Are:
The environment at Owl Labs has been shaped by the top tech, marketing and sales talent leading it. We share a strong culture of support, learning, and collaboration. Embodying empathy for the remote worker or team, a love of emerging technology, and hustle and grit, everyday the Owl Labs team is shaping the future of work. From leadership to our co-op interns, we encourage creativity, breaking the mold, moving fast to learn quickly and then adapting. It’s a culture of trying new things to stay ahead in the marketplace, and embracing new ideas at every level. We embrace remote work, today and everyday with over 40% of employees working remotely (pre-COVID). The Meeting Owl products contribute directly to the company’s success; it’s at the core of who we are and what we do.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
What We Offer
- Option to Work Remotely: We practice what we preach. Employees work at our Boston HQ, across the US, and often work a hybrid mix of in-office and remote.
- Flexible Schedule: We all work hard, and so we believe in working whenever you're at your best.
- Free Health Insurance: Enroll in Owl Labs's health plan for $1 for you and your family.
- Unlimited Vacation: We have big goals. It makes sense to take what you need, when you need it.
- Celebrate Inclusivity: Owlers get important holidays, including International Women's Day, Indigenous People's Day and MLK Day.
- Incredible Team: Learn alongside phenomenal folks from some of Boston's most successful tech companies.
More Jobs From