AppNeta is a fast-growing global technology company that is taking advantage of the massive performance monitoring marketplace sized by Gartner as $2.2B in 2019. AppNeta has been named five times to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-growing Private Companies list, and has won numerous awards for company culture, including Inc. Magazine and BBJs Best Places to Work and BostInnos Coolest Companies.
AppNeta is looking for an experienced individual with a technical background to join our dynamic Customer Care team as a Technical Support Engineer. You are a person who dives head first into technical problems. You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our largest and most complex clients, solving the toughest challenges, and making sure they have a first-class customer experience. You will work very closely with engineering, product management, sales, and our executive branch to bring visibility of our clients' needs to the forefront of all our processes. This position will require solid fundamentals in application and network performance, and is a unique opportunity to build your exposure and knowledge in this field while expanding service and account management skills at a top-tier level.
This position can be remote-based in the U.S. or Canada and will be expected to work 8 hour rotating shifts Monday-Friday.
- Making our product and service amazing by providing support to our enterprise, partner, and cloud service customers via phone, email, and web communications
- Ensuring customer support expectations are met through timely responses and escalation of customer issues
- Owns, manages, and reports on key projects/deliverables as assigned by Support Manager
- Ownership of training and mentoring to more junior team members
- Ownership of escalated technical and/or customer issues
- Ticket prioritization with support manager and development teams
- Development feature review and feedback
- Providing product feedback and suggestions for improvement from a customer support perspective
- Raising product defects (Jira/Github) and tracking progress of these in order to set correct expectations with clients
- Taking ownership of escalated technical issues and owning them through to completion
- AppNeta provisioning assistance on an as-required basis (build-out, logistics)
- Deploying, updating and maintaining customer Private Cloud Appliances (vPCA)
- Participation in the Customer Care After Hours On-Call support rotation (6pm to 6am + Weekends) that covers:
- vPCA or other system alerting
- Customer Support Response
- 4+ years of experience in a support, administration, or operations role relating to network or application performance
- Experience owning complex technical issues, driving to resolution
- You have demonstrated ownership of key initiatives
- CCNA equivalent level of network operation & troubleshooting
- Proven experience related to Development, Application and/or Network Operations
- Intermediate Linux knowledge and the ability to apply knowledge in Linux environments
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills; comfortable communicating and discussing technical concepts with customers and peers
- Strong understanding of network protocols and infrastructure
Additional Skills (preferred, but not required):
- You take pride in understanding a customers needs beyond what they may be asking for in a given support transaction and help them get to success.
- You have demonstrated ability to mentor and train team members
- You have demonstrated an increase in responsibility in your previous role(s)
- You have a knowledge of and interest in web and network architecture
- You have a passion for sharing new ideas in a dynamic environment
- You have nerd cred and work on cool personal projects using new or exciting technologies.
AppNeta is the leader in proactive end-user performance monitoring solutions built for the distributed enterprise. With AppNeta Performance Manager, IT and Network Ops teams can assure continual and exceptional delivery of business-critical applications. AppNetas SaaS-based solutions give IT teams essential application and network performance data, allowing them to continuously monitor user experience across any application, network, data center or cloud.
At AppNeta, we take application and network performance seriously without taking ourselves too seriously. AppNeta strives to create an inclusive and anti-racist workplace for all team members. We work every day to facilitate and actively promote an environment where all employees know they are truly valued and treated equally. We offer work-from-home stipends, unlimited time off, and generous paid Maternity/Paternity leave, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging yet fun and collaborative environment.
For more on our company culture, perks, and benefits, check out our website: https://www.appneta.com/about/company-culture.