Office Tour Photos
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about delivering a vision that boosts our Infrastructure team.
We are looking for a person with an extensive program management and strategic background, a passion for making tools and processes that scale, and someone that gets the job done. Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure, this role will work cross-functionally to define, design, and execute upon high-priority efforts within the infrastructure organization.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Work with product and engineering management to define strategy and requirements, identifying and securing commitment from teams across the organization, setting timelines, and leading cross-functional teams from design through delivery
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions, to ensure transparency to program and team goals, commitments, risks, and deliverable quality
- Identify and develop solutions to impediments or bottlenecks that pose a risk to the program success and communicate any trade-offs that may result from these solutions
- Ability to map dependencies and relationships between projects and teams, coordinating work across disparate teams
- Drive stakeholder engagement and adoption of tools and processes, gaining feedback and iterating on solutions to ensure needs are being met
- Providing Technical Program Management for a wide range of cross functional infrastructure programs and projects (Data center builds and installs, large network projects etc)
What Well Expect From You:
- Establish, define, and track against program goals, KPIs, roadmap, and detailed plans ensuring alignment and coordination with stakeholders and team participants
- Track-record of effective collaboration with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and lead the resolution of blocking issues
- Ability to clearly communicate progress, change, and status updates verbally, written, or in a presentation
- Ability to influence and work through others where direct reporting relationships do not exist
- Organization skills that mitigate against human error and drive continual improvement
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of intricate cross-dependencies
- Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust solutions
- Experience with agile and other program management methodologies
- Experience with Data center projects is preferred
- Experience with Jira is preferred (bonus if you have basic jira administration skills)
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Infrastructure #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!
More Jobs From