A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit more about this role:
Our Senior Statutory Reporting Accountant will be a key report to our Statutory Reporting Manager and assist the Director of Statutory Reporting with the day to day tasks related to the compilation of Statutory financial statements, reconciliations and other special projects. This role will have the chance to be assigned to new business needs as we continue to grow.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Statutory financial statements to ensure timely and accurate presentation to the NAIC and the appropriate state regulatory authorities (Orange Book)
- Assist in the compilation of all supplemental filings that accompany the quarterly and annual Statutory financial statements as required by the appropriate state regulatory authorities
- Prepare support for annual filing fees
- Assist in various Division of Insurance audits by preparing schedules, responding to inquiries and adhering to deadlines
- Assist in the development of NetSuite and other ad hoc reports to facilitate the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual Statutory financial statements
- Assist in the filing of the monthly, quarterly and annual Statutory financial statements using appropriate vendor software and in streamlining the process
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of standard operating procedures
- Participate in ad hoc projects supporting Statutory Reporting and Finance needs as they arise
Attributes to success:
- A demonstrable track record of success / delivery in a changing and complex start-up environment
- Team player who is highly motivated and customer-service oriented
- Strong attention to detail and meet deadlines on a continuous basis
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures
- Must be analytical, hands on, and able to be a contributor on day one
- Ability to independently manage multiple demands and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, to include maintaining the confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information consistent with moral, professional and regulatory requirements
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous start-up environment where every day we try to develop and optimize our operations
Desired skills and experience:
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with 7-10 years of statutory reporting experience
- A Bachelors Degree in accounting or finance; CPA preferred
- Experience with healthcare and insurance industries a must
- Experience with Medicare Advantage a plus
- Understanding of statutory accounting
- Experience with NetSuite or a similar general ledger software
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheets and general computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.