Have you ever been online trying to pay a bill, and thought to yourself: why are you making it so hard to give you my money? This the problem weve solved for over 2,000 companies across multiple verticals primarily utilities, local government, insurance, and consumer finance organizations.
InvoiceCloud is a fintech solution leading the digital transformation of legacy industries. Our mission is to bring the Fortune 50 payment experience (i.e. when youre online paying your AMEX bill or going through the Amazon.com checkout process) to organizations who seek to drive better customer engagement, lower costs, and transform how they engage with their customers.
InvoiceCloud is part of EngageSmart, a vertical solutions company raising the standard for the everyday, essential tasks and services that are the building blocks for great customer relationships. We believe that every time someone says it shouldn't be this hard, they are right.
Our unique and innovative technology combined with our relentless focus on customer success has created incredible growth. Invoice Cloud was #902 on the 2018 Inc 5000 list, with a 3-year growth of 550%.
Invoice Cloud is a partner-first organization. We drive over 80% of our annual revenue through partner channels that include revenue share and co-sell models.
The Platform Engineering team at Invoice Cloud is dedicated to the design, build, and evolution of the end-to-end automated testing platform supporting the entire SaaS customer engagement, e-billing, and payment platform used by thousands of businesses and millions of customers. The Senior Software Engineer (Quality) will play a key hands-on and leadership role in building and growing test automation practices (ATDD) used by all engineering teams. You will also own entire lifecycle (design, document, develop, maintain, publish, and run) of automated test scripts development within agile teams. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about releasing high quality, scalable, reliable, and secure SaaS products. You will be an advocate for agile principles and values, test driven development, continuous integration and deployment patterns. We are looking for a strong business and technical problem solver, with a deep understanding of all aspects of Quality Engineering within Infrastructure/Application DevOps lifecycle and continuous delivery of software.
First 30 days
- Understand basic role and functionality of our key products - Biller Portal, Customer Portal, CRM
- Understand basic role and functionality of supporting backend services & processes
- Understand existing engineering processes around source control, development, testing and deployment practices
First 90 days
- Understand existing projects and its scope within the assigned team
- Understand core Invoice Cloud systems design, architecture, and dependencies
- Design and deploy newerautomated test framework/solutions necessary for product development and releases.
- Active participation in building out automated testingstages within, DevOps pipeline
- Play active role in agile transformation initiativesand inculcate ATDD mindset
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement to accelerate maturity of automated test coverage with SDLC cycle.
The Senior Software Engineer (Quality) will have a broad set of responsibilities including the following:
- Champion Agile + DevSecOps best practices around continuous testing within continuous integration, deployment, and monitoring patterns for CNCF architected applications and microservices.
- Drive a strong sense of ownership, accountability, and pride in the entire full stack agile team for the overall velocity, quality, reliability, and security of features delivered.
- Design, deploy and maintain automated application/infrastructure testing pipeline scripts and configurations that serve as ATDD frameworks and solutions.
- Setting up, maintaining, and operating test automation frameworks supporting multiple application platforms, such as Web, Mobile, APIs/Microservices (CNCF) etc.
- Defines and maintains test system configurations, test data as code and automated functional and non-functional (load/performance) testing tools.
- Performs test executions and writes test scripts for complex integrated systems supporting end-end validation.
- Defines and manages software test environments as configurations/code supporting various architectures.
- Defines and maintains test standards and quality assurance gates for software releases pipelines to increase confidence and reliability of features in software releases.
- Provision BDD/ATDD frameworks, publish standards, best practices, and operational procedures.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code security, quality and reliability profiles during releases.
- Produce reports and documentation for all automated testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking issues/defects.
- Work on the total lifecycle of application and infrastructure deployments, inception to operations and monitoring (all aspects of automation in DevOps delivery pipeline).
- Build trusting relationships and collaborate with cross functional teams to analyze manual testing processes with bias to reduce them and determine necessary tools to automate.
- Play a lead role in planning, scoping, estimating, and validating prioritized testing requirements for all on-going feature development in the team.
- Establishes goals and objectives for appropriate testing cycles.
- Build monitoring alerts and dashboards for infrastructure/application layers supporting agile delivery releases to promote reliability engineering practices.
- Work closely with teams to troubleshoot and resolve application and infrastructure issues during releases.
- Contribute to a culture of teaching and creating a center for enablement practices on DevOps/QE within the organization to distribute knowledge.
- Partner with designers and product managers to measure and iteratively deliver innovative experiences to our payers and billers.
- Encourage a highly communicative culture that ensures open, transparent, and consistent exchange with key stakeholders.
- Play active role in continuous improvement of our lean product development and delivery processes.
- Keep up to date on industry trends, new tools,and technologies with respect to Continuous Delivery
- Perform periodic on-call support for after-hours deployment/maintenance windows.
- Coach, mentor and provide thought leadership to peers, junior engineers, and IT teams.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Forward thinking
Who We Seek:
- A Software Quality Engineering Leader who can drive best practices for all the aspects of quality within an agile software development life cycle release.
- 8+ years of hands-on technical experience in functional and non-functional quality engineering testing practices across all levels.
- 5+ years of experience with technologies tools such as Jira, Jfrog Artifactory, Jenkins/Azure DevOps, Terraform, InSpec, Selenium, Jmeter, NeoLoad, Postman, SOAPUI, Sonarqube, Docker, Cucumber, Specflow, Chai, Mocha, Kubernetes (AKS, GKE, EKS) etc.
- Hands on expertise in conducting various levels (unit, integration, end2end testing)of testing in each release.
- Strong experience with mobile app and UI/UX testing platforms that support parallel test runs like Selenium-grid, Sauce Labs etc.
- Strong expertise in leading agile release cycles with focus on Quality, Reliability and Security of delivered features.
- Strong hands-on experience with Behavior Driven or Acceptance test-driven development and CI/CD patterns to integrate and scale continuous tests in
- Experience with software security testing best practices (SAST, DAST, OWASP, Vulnerability) and implement security gates in delivery pipeline
- Strong understanding of data structures and programming language principles.
- Experience with servers, network, storage, operating systems, databases (Windows and Linux)
- Working experience with Microsoft Azure (preferred) or similar cloud technology vendors such as AWS, GCP.
- Working experience with scalable, distributed systems using microservices and event-driven architectures and testing frameworks supporting end-to-end test automation.
- Understanding of transactional databases.
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-led, capable of working with little direction.
- Skilled communicator with a collaborative spirit.
Other desirable/ advantageous skills and experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and Technology
Invoice Cloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Invoice Cloud provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
About Invoice Cloud:
Our mission is to bring the Fortune 100 e-payment experience to organizations who dont have the time/energy/resources to build it themselves. The platform has been designed in a way that consistently yields more online payments and paperless enrollments -- driving the positive business outcomes our clients want. Invoice Clouds 25% YoY same store sales growth is a testament to how effective the service is.
Invoice Cloud was #902 on the 2018 Inc 5000 list, with a 3-year growth of 550% and named the 3rd fastest growing company in Boston by the Boston Business Journal.
To all recruitment agencies: Invoice Cloud does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other organization location. Invoice Cloud is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.