Office Tour Photos
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Restaurants receive a significant portion of their revenue through credit card payment processing. Toast provides an integrated payment processing platform for our restaurants, which ensures a simple and consistent experience for restaurants. The vision of the Pricing Team in Fintech is to ensure that restaurants have access to fair pricing models, appropriate to the size and complexity of their business. Traditionally, we have offered a flat rate model, which is simple but not always desirable for the larger restaurants who want more flexibility and control. Today, our team is building out support for the popular interchange plus pricing model. Were looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team and help evolve our pricing capabilities.
About this roll*
- Design, implement and extend pipelines to calculate and assess fees for payment processing based on per customer configuration
- Maintain and evolve our reporting and data exports to keep pace with product changes
- Collaborate with our Data Science teams to refine models
- Review code to ensure technical implementation meets functional requirements
- Mentor and guide less experienced engineers
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Growth mindset with an emphasis on learning and self/team-improvement
- Experience building and shipping critical production software to customers
- Respectful, empathetic, and humble
- Focused on getting things done and customer success
- Knowledge of or interest in financial services, particularly payments acquiring, a plus
* Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Tech Stack
Our products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. We store data in a set of sharded Postgres databases and utilize Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing. The web frontend is built using React, Angular, and ES6. Our main point of sale application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin. For communication between tablets and our cloud platform, we utilize RabbitMQ clusters as well as direct API communication to our HTTP backend.
More Jobs From