We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Build the possibilities.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the backend, youll work on a remote team that is focused on building new and innovative products for DraftKings. Youll have a chance to build a product from the ground up and make an impact during the inception stage. The team embraces true incremental deliveries, continuous analysis, and the user feedback that forms our roadmap. We are constantly evaluating new technologies and practices that could help us as well as the broader engineering organization. Sound good to you? Join us.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability.
- Work with a remote team to build new products for DraftKings.
- Participate in design sessions, code reviews, and pull requests.
- You will also write clean, well-organized, testable, and reusable code.
- You will be developing systems and APIs that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate group of users every day.
- You have a strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles. Domain Driven Design is a plus.
- You have 1+ years of relational database experience including schema design and SQL.
- You have experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests.
- Experience writing distributed systems in cloud computing environments such as AWS is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of actor-based models such as Orleans and Akka is a plus.
- You can grow other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and in 1:1 debugging sessions.
- Ideally, you have 3+ years of development experience in object-oriented programming using languages such as C# or Java.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.