Office Tour Photos
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Virgin Pulse you will be working on a Digital Health SaaS platform that supports millions of engaged, active members in 20 languages across 190 countries, serving over 50 billion+ API calls every year to mobile and desktop users. As a Senior Software Engineer at Virgin Pulse you will be working with a passionate and strong team of engineers, product managers and UX Designers. With your strong background in cloud technologies and software architecture you will have the opportunity to develop, manage and optimize our tech stack and production pipelines. This work might include projects like building out new customer facing features, creating the APIs for new capabilities, data integration from our customers or partners, developing new strategies for managing our product stack or optimizing existing code to make it more performant. We are looking for someone with an appetite for growth and we offer the opportunity to learn directly from our highly skilled group of engineers.
You offer strength in production-ready code in Java, .Net or Kotlin using strong analytical skills. We value the desire and ability to learn quickly but familiarity with Angular and the AWS ecosystem would be a plus. Excellent problem-solving abilities, strong communication skills, and the desire and ability to self-start and time-manage in a fast-paced environment will set you up for success in our team.
What your typical day looks like.
- Delivering production ready code in Java and Kotlin
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Monitor, test, and continuously optimize your designs
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to the more junior team members to enable them to build better software.
- Master our development process, culture and code base, then think of ways to improve it and implement within our team.
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in off hour calls with systems support team
What you bring to the team.
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Fluency in Java and/or .Net
- 4 or more years of experience developing services and APIs
- A solid understanding of best practices for software development including testing, monitoring, and design
- Desire to go beyond the functional solution to build maintainable and well tested code
- A desire to partner closely with product managers to refine the product
- Ability to articulate and champion design strategies related to scalability, maintainability, performance, security and usability.
What makes you stand out.
- Experience with highly scalable systems in an AWS ecosystem
- Experience with some of the tools in our tech stack, particularly Spring Boot, Cassandra, PostgreSQL and/or Elasticsearch
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery technologies like Maven, TeamCity, Ansible, Harness, Terraform, or similar.
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities (OWASP/CWE).
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
More Jobs From