Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is consistently recognized as the category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyers journey. More than 600 customers, including American Express, Cisco and IBM rely on the worlds most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time.
Were looking for a talented technology leader to join our passionate engineering team as a Senior Software Engineer and help us scale and grow our cloud-based systems and technologies with a keen eye towards software quality and operational excellence. As a tech unicorn with the headquarters in San Diego, this is a amazing opportunity for the right person to join and guide the technical vision of this pre-IPO software company as we make history in the sales enablement space!
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Engagement Service team, you will play a vital part in creating a solid cloud architecture and contributing to our best engineering practices. You will collaborate to build micro-service based systems to support multiple different products to support the systems for sharing and collaboration between sales and marketing departments of our customers.
You will work closely with our product leads, engineering leads, team and contribute to the best practices for CI/CD. You will also mentor more Jr. engineers and help grow a strong engineering team for Engagement Service in Chicago. This is an opportunity to build the best-in-class microservice that wows our internal stakeholders with its functionality and simplicity.
Ready to disrupt? Make a Seismic shift and join our team!
Who You Are:
- An experienced software engineer with 3-5+ years of software engineering experience and a passion for building and innovating you stay up to date with the latest technologies and trends in development.
- Seen as an active contributor in the team problem-solving-process you aren't afraid to share your opinions in a low-ego manner or roll up your sleeves and write critical path code or refactor a significant piece of code.
- Experience driving end-to-end software development lifecycle of an architecturally complex system or product.
- Highly focused on operational excellence and software quality
- Your technical skills are sought after as you develop in a pragmatic and efficient manner.
- You enjoy solving challenging problems, all while having a blast with equally passionate and talented team members.
What you will be doing:
- Develop, improve, and maintain, our microservice and ensure seamless integration to the rest of the Seismic platform.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and software engineers to rapidly build, test, and deploy code to create innovative solutions and add values to our customers' experience with Seismic.
- Explore new technologies and industry trends and bring your findings to life in our products.
- Participate in and contribute towards code reviews, bug/issue triage, and documentation.
- Contribute to troubleshooting and continuous quality improvements.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Software Development experience within a SaaS business.
- Must have a strong familiarity within .NET Core, and C# or similar object-oriented languages and frameworks.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or similar RDBMS
- Experience with the SCRUM and the AGILE development process.
- Familiarity and comfortability developing in cloud-based environments (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.) a plus
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,000 employees across the globe, Seismic is backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.