A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about this role:
Technology does amazing things in our daily lives, yet often is a source of pain and confusion within health care. We want to be different at Devoted, so we have built tools and frameworks that allow us to solve our members and our teammates needs quickly and flexibly. We deploy code 40+ times a day by relying on exhaustive test suites, fine-grained tooling, and monitoring to ensure reliability.
We are looking for a security-minded Site Reliability Engineer to join our Infrastructure team, which is comprised of SREs and Software Engineers who build the tooling and systems to support our applications. Our current Infrastructure stack includes Terraform, Puppet, Ubuntu, Docker, AWS, Kubernetes (EKS), Vault, DataDog, and CircleCI. We write most of our tooling in Go and Bash. We are also unafraid to contribute to application code when the need arises our application stack includes React, Typescript, Go, gRPC, GraphQL, and Postgres.
Over time, we have developed strong operational muscles. We are now bringing that same approach to our security and compliance tooling. We are looking for an SRE who has worked alongside Security and Compliance teams to implement vulnerability management automation, configuration validation, log analysis, and other best practices for using automation to scale security work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing a deep understanding of our application in order to build tools to monitor and alert on the most important system activity
- Improving our approach to Kuberentes with an eye towards improving application performance, deployment speed, and security
- Improving CI automation, especially in the areas of vulnerability detection automation and secure configuration validation
- Working with the Infrastructure team to improve our overall Security and Compliance posture by automating evidence collection, contributing to robust documentation, and identifying and addressing areas of highest risk in our infrastructure
- Researching and implementing tools and processes to help us achieve our team mission of providing reliable, scalable, flexible, and secure infrastructure that supports Devoteds fast-moving and innovative business
Attributes to success:
- Experience coupled with a willingness to learn new things
- Comfort with uncertainty and a desire to be close to business problems
- Curiosity and drive to improve process and tooling
- Ability to lead others by example and take initiative to launch new processes or approaches, including getting buy-in from diverse parties
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
Required skills and experience:
- 8+ years experience in a hands-on software engineering or technical operations role, with escalating scope of responsibility
- Experience developing secure services and infrastructure in AWS
- Expertise in some of the following areas: Kubernetes, Vault, Terraform
- Experience implementing security automation, or collaborating with Security Teams on solutions
- Experience as part of an Incident Response team. Bonus: Experience running Incident Command
- Strong communication skills with a history of successful collaboration with Engineering teams, Security and Compliance teams, and other Business units
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.