What were building
We are looking for a Senior Sales Engineer, who will report to our Head of Sales. Our Sales Engineers act as customer facing product experts, sharing knowledge with customers through demos, hands on enablement, presentations, technical evaluations and ongoing interaction. They play a key role leading the early sales team through continuous feedback, and refinement of our sales process.
Our prospects are primarily engineering leaders at companies ranging in size from 5,000 employees and up. Tidelift is working with companies to make it simple to trust, ship, and grow open source. Our product is not overly complicated, but our audience is very technical. Familiarity with the software development life-cycle and the day-to-day job of a software developer or team manager will be to your advantage.
We strive for work-life harmony: we believe in doing good work, with urgency and pragmatism, but at a sustainable pace. We value big impact over long hours.
- Own the technical engagement with customers and help to close complex opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge technical skill and credibility
- Partner with our Sales team to articulate the overall value proposition, vision and strategy to customers
- Deliver product and technical presentations to potential and existing customers
- Proactively communicate with customers and internal teams to provide a feedback loop on our products and the competitive landscape
- Drive product conversations based on need and problems learned during customer interactions
- Experience in a quota carrying solutions sales role or other technical sales role focused on open source cloud platform technologies
- Working knowledge of enterprise DevOps processes and technologies
- Understanding of software supply-chain assurance, dependency management, and/or risk analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively with both developers and executives
- Balance of sales and technical skills with creative thinking skills
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment - you have an abiding technical curiosity and commitment to growing new markets
Were trying to build a healthy, values-driven culture. We want to be:
- Optimistic: We see an amazing future ahead, and want to inspire others to share in it. This is both internalbuilding each other up and looking for the best in peopleand externalwe know open source is awesome, and we want to make it even better.
- Practical: We know words and ideas alone wont change lives. We help people most by creating a pragmatic, viable, and sustainable business that works for everyone. So we care about usability, design, and honest assessment of costs and benefits.
- Additive: We want an environment that encourages and inspires growth, both for individuals and for the open source community as a whole. That means embracing a growth mindset, and valuing culture add over culture fit.
- Inclusive: We believe technology will be stronger when it better reflects the voices and ideas of society as a whole. So we want people from different backgrounds and experiences to not just be represented, but to be heard, valued, and flourish. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
In this role, you would have the option to work remotely anywhere in the US.
We believe in the urgency of our mission and the importance of doing good work, but also know this is a marathon and not a sprint. Hours can be flexible within reason if necessary to meet personal needs (like child, medical, or elder care).
Compensation, benefits, and career
Compensation is competitive with other Boston-area startups, including health insurance, flexible vacation, 401(k), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending, parental leave, work from home stipend and equity.
We invest in every employees growth, and support professional development ($5K annually) that aligns with your goals and how you learn best.
How to apply
Fill out the form below. We'd love it if you add a thoughtful note about your goals and your background. Well get back to you promptly!