Hudl is changing the future of sports technology. We build video analysis and stats tools for teams around the world, at every level of competition. Our software and hardware products provide the insight that over 5 million coaches and teams need to help them win.
We believe that video is the best teaching tool for coaches and athletes. We build products that deliver fast, reliable video to every team everywhere. Working to solve problems about how they share in game footage, how they engage with their communities or how they better present ideas to each other.
Were looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join us and work on one of Hudls most innovative new products: Hudl Focus (https://www.hudl.com/products/focus). Our new connected camera is entirely autonomous and can film any sporting event, anywhere, at any time. You will be part of a small agile cross-functional squad that develops the software that runs on the camera and ranges from video pipelines, tactical algorithms, and device management.
We would love it if you have used one of these languages - C++, C, Java, or Python. You have worked on embedded systems, camera technology or Linux based products, that would be even better.
Through the rest of our QA chapter, we are using a BDD solution for our API and UI layer tests that focus on the Gherkin language and backed by python and selenium webdriver. Our QA test like our users, write automation, analyze root causes, know the difference between testing and quality, and deploy code to production. They are involved throughout the entire development process, frequently pairing with our engineers.
We work in a Team and Squad model and follow Scrum. You would be working on the Focus Team to build a high-quality automatic capture system.
- Technical. You have a minimum of 5 years of experience with embedded software testing and in-depth automation knowledge.
- A Leader. You have experience leading quality initiatives and projects. You are a go-to person for product quality.
- A Skilled Investigator. You understand the root cause of problems. You back up your investigation with data and measure the results.
- A Problem Solver. You are detailed oriented and can identify, analyze, and solve challenging problems.
- Quality Focused. You understand quality at the big picture. You know how our users define quality and know when that definition changes.
- Risk-Averse. You can evaluate and design a testing approach to mitigate risk while ensuring adequate coverage.
- Collaborate. Work with an autonomous squad following scrum methodology.
- Test. Use your customer and system understanding to create a risk-based testing approach and plans.
- Analyze. You will implement new measurements when needed. You use data trends and issue analysis to understand and improve quality.
- Automate. Help align automation with the speed of development. You make informed decisions on what, how, and when to automate.
- Improve. You will constantly push for ways to help us improve code quality and user experience.
- Mitigate Risk. You will control risk through different testing approaches and tools. Your testing approach focuses on prevention compared to reaction.
- Ship. You will test, talk with users, analyze trends and deploy high-quality code on a frequent basis that delights our users.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.