Amazon delivers over 1.6 million packages a day, all sorted and assembled by "frontline workers" - the folks in warehouses, shipping facilities, and more. But Amazon is not alone - it's one of thousands of e-commerce, industrial, logistics, transportation and warehousing companies that depend on frontline workers for their success.
Demand for these workers is strong - up nearly 40% despite COVID. However, worker turnover is high, expected to be 50% in 2021, which has an adverse effect on employer hiring.
WorkStep is tackling this $100 billion problem, offering the only Enterprise SaaS, data analytics-driven, hiring and retention solution purpose-built for this sector. Workstep helps large enterprises find and hire better, more qualified frontline workers more cost-effectively, while increasing the satisfaction -- and retention -- of existing frontline employees. The result is better candidates less expensively, more satisfied employees, much lower churn, and up to 30% of employee costs saved annually.
WorkStep is growing at well over 100% per year and is profitable, with a customer base that includes 16 of the Fortune 500. The company just raised a $10 million series A led by FirstMark Capital (on top of a $6.7 seed round), and is stepping on the gas big time.
As the company’s first product marketer, this is a hands-on role and the ideal candidate needs to be able to think strategically as well as execute flawlessly. This is a great opportunity for a smart, ambitious, experienced, GSD product marketer, as it includes driving and leading strategy, positioning, messaging, content creation, sales enablement, competitive analysis and product launches. This person will run the Product Marketing show, (with help and support from Sales, Product, CS and the exec team of course!) Personality-wise, we’re looking for someone who’s passionate, upbeat, optimistic, articulate, courageous, collaborative, a strategic thinker, and a hands-on doer at heart.
The ideal candidate will have seen scale (has larger, entrepreneurial company experience as well as early stage startup experience -- this is a must!), and be highly sales oriented, with a proven track record of partnering tightly with sales and product teams to scale businesses that deliver amazing customer value. They’ll love writing and must be able to independently deliver compelling content through multiple channels. Finally, they’ll be able to create and execute innovative go-to-market strategies and tactical plans that deliver business results. This role is remote, but must be US based.
- Positioning/Messaging: Develop and own product and competitive product positioning, segmentation, messaging and value propositions that differentiate WorkStep and its products in the marketplace
- Product Launches: Define the marketing launch plans for our offerings, and execute launches and new releases; work with product, sales and comms teams to manage timelines and facilitation of these launches including the creation of sales and marketing materials that accompany each product event
- Content Creation/Demand Generation: Create middle-of-the-funnel marketing content including white papers, e-books, ROI tools, collateral, videos, webinar content and blogs, to facilitate lead generation efforts
- Sales Enablement: Be glued at the hip to the sales team, helping them shorten the gap between the customer/prospect and the product. Create and execute a full range of sales tools, including first call decks, playbooks, business justification/”why WorkStep” documents, and demos to improve close rates and decrease time-to-sales. Accompany salespeople on sales calls, learning first hand what works and what doesn't with customers and prospects
- Sales Training: Partner with the sales team to develop and execute regular sales training and ongoing deal support
- Competitive: Understand WorkStep’s buyers and competitors, and partner cross-functionally with product management and sales teams to align focus, content, strategy, vision, and direction
- Product: Work closely with the product team to provide input into product roadmap based on conversations with customers, prospects, analysts and other influencers
- Speaking: Participate as spokesperson for WorkStep with press and analysts and at speaking engagements including high-visibility, global events
- Analyst Relations: Build and maintain strong relationships with key industry analysts and luminaries, aligning them positively towards WorkStep
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business (BA) or related field; will consider equivalent experience
- 5+ years in product marketing (outbound), in a technology company
- Deep experience with enterprise B2B audiences/buyers, ideally (but not required), in the HR tech space
- Ability to translate technical complexity into clear, concise business benefits
- Strong and recent SaaS and Cloud technology experience
- Demonstrated success in working effectively with sales and product teams
- A proven executer with clear evidence of success
- Stellar writing skills, with a portfolio of previous work
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast moving environment – strong prioritization skills are critical
- Great, positive attitude, high energy, innovative, charismatic, strong work ethic and detail oriented
- Highly collaborative and respectful of others and their contributions
- A natural presenter with great communication skills – stellar at public speaking and presenting
- Competitive compensation
- Work remotely
- Unlimited PTO
- Top-notch technology
- Quarterly team building on-sites (when safe to resume)
- Workspace stipend
- Competitive company-sponsored health, vision, and dental benefits package
- Opportunity to join a passionate, motivated, and fun team at an early stage to help shape and execute on our mission