Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you bready* for a change?
The Business Platform team is a brand new team responsible for building infrastructure for onboarding new customers, services that provide the source of truth for business systems data, and internal systems and tools to manage data and workflows related to billing.
As a Senior Product Manager of Business Platform, you will spearhead initiatives that will provide the core shared services that Toast uses to manage customers, understand the truth of the business, and innovate on billing processes. This is a new role and will provide a critical function to ensure efficiencies as Toast continues to scale rapidly. You will focus on exploring opportunities with a diverse data set - turning those opportunities into revenue opportunities for Toast along the top and bottom line.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work with the Director of Product Management to create a well-thought-out product vision and strategy for the business and billing platform initiatives.
- Own the internal business and billing systems products, where you will create product specs, review business analysis for prioritization, product performance metrics
- Work to understand the pain of your internal customers and synthesize those quantifiable opportunities into a product platform roadmap.
- Collaborate with Business Systems teams to align on opportunities for innovative billing methods and processes and drive those initiatives to deliver on OKRs.
- Perform market research and competitive analysis to understand best in class processes for business systems.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Prior product experience working on a platform team.
- Demonstrated experience taking team strategy into account when making roadmap decisions and effectively communicating those strategic ties to more junior team members.
- Proven ability to make a meaningful impact on the product strategy through day-to-day product execution and your contributions to the roadmap.
- Strength in effectively making adjustments to direction or process to maximize impact for the customer and Toast, and owning those outcomes.
- Excellent ability to utilize data to anticipate and design products.
- A proven track record of solving amorphous problems, listening to and organizing large amounts of information into a coherent plan forward, and handling difficult prioritizations.
- A plus: you have worked in a business operations role prior.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required