Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We are a rapidly growing company thats revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Business Development Team is responsible for evaluating and negotiating potential partnerships with various restaurant technology providers. This includes working closely with our product and platform teams to develop Toast's partnership strategy. This role will manage relationships with external and internal stakeholders and evaluate the functional use cases that can be supported via a product integration with the partner solution.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our Business Development Team. The successful candidate will have experience in 1/ analyzing different technology solutions, 2/ structuring/negotiating complex business partnerships, and 3/ working with cross-functional teams to launch partnerships. Youll be comfortable dealing with uncertainty, and be able to put structure to complex product problems.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Take ownership of the relationship with strategic partners, from initial scoping to negotiating the partnership contract.
- You will also work with cross-functional teams across Product, Sales and Marketing to identify and engage partners that enhance Toast platform ecosystem.
- Collaborate and execute on a cohesive partnerships strategy.
- Review internal analytics to develop expected partner performance models and ongoing success metrics.
- Conduct market analysis to develop current and future expected landscape structures across the Toast ecosystem.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 6+ years of work experience, preferably in business development, SaaS technology, product management or strategy consulting.
- Prior experience in managing and developing product/integration partnerships.
- Strong analytical skills able to evaluate partnership opportunities from a strategic, financial, and operational perspectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels..
- Strong team player with excellent track record of success in fast-paced environments with changing priorities.
- BA/BS required; MS/MBA is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required