Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Heres why:
- Its working. Were now in eight states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- Were well backed & stable. We just closed our $40 M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. Were backed by some of the top investors in the world--including Googles Gradient AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- Its not too late! Despite this traction and stability, were still early enough in the journey that theres time to make a real difference during Openlys formative period.
If youd like to understand more about Openlys mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. Its outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey were on
Were hiring for an experienced backend (Go) engineer to join our technology team. Your primary responsibilities:
- Develop the core systems that power our agent and customer experiences
- Integrate with vendors to manage payments, documents, and claims
- Contribute to important architectural and operational decisions like microservices vs. monoliths, deployment techniques, technologies, policies, etc.
- Build out our internal tooling and API's to make business and engineering processes easier, faster, and safer
- Spread your expertise at the company (e.g. promote best-practices and mentor devs who want to learn from you)
- Professional/production experience in Go
- Computer science or engineering college degree, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Backend/Core: Go & Postgresql
- Frontend: Browser-based, VueJS & Webpack
- Research/Data Science: R, ArcGIS, H2O & Python
- Single binary for now, but separate services are likely later
- Our infrastructure runs on Google Cloud. We use: GKE, Cloud Run, Cloud Build, and CloudSQL. We use gitlab for both code hosting and running CI/CD pipelines.
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits packages include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) contribution, flexible spending accounts, and work from home stipend
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- Work-from-anywhere company that has fully embraced remote working, even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Fun, high energy startup environment
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristics protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly, will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.