Ordergroove is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join its core Platform team to help us build the underlying features and capabilities that power the best in class subscription platform. You will be at the heart of Ordergrooves mission to enable its retail partners in providing the most consistent and reliable enterprise grade subscription management capabilities to meet the needs of their consumers.
You will join our fast paced, innovative team of engineers who are tackling challenging architecture problems and collaborating across teams to develop reliable, scalable solutions that power the way people shop and how online retailers develop relationships with their customers. Above all, your work will positively impact the lives of millions of users.
What you will do:
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate web applications, micro services, and APIs that serve millions of users
- Scale our platform to support continued exponential user growth
- Deliver testable, maintainable high quality code and take the end to end ownership of the components that you develop
- Collaborate with engineers, product owners, business users, and designers to provide features and tools that enable the success of the product
- Work on the cutting edge technology to solve interesting and challenging problems. Your contribution will earn you bragging rights on our engineering blog
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by continuously providing you with challenging tasks and the freedom to learn, acquire and apply new skills while tackling those tasks
Who you are:
- You are a skilled communicator, both written and verbal, and are comfortable articulating complex ideas and talking abstract concepts
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- You have worked with modern frontend frameworks and libraries such as React
- You care about code quality, know what it means to ship high quality code, and are eager to continuously improve by leaving the grass greener on any piece of the platform that you touch
- You are collaborative and a team-first player who sees the value in pairing and can also work independently
- You are a passionate mentor and advocate for your technological vision, but you are also respectful and open to learn from other people's viewpoints
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Experience building apps in Python, React and NodeJS
- Experience with Django Celery or another asynchronous task management system
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and at least one of the cloud platforms like GCPface
- Supported external APIs and/or developer communities
- Experience with one or more e-commerce products, high volume SaaS products, payment systems
- Raised $40M from top notch investors
- Headquartered in the heart of NYC with the team having the autonomy to pick between partial or fully remote work options
- Over 100 clients including The Honest Company, Unilever, KIND Snacks & L'Oreal
- Check out our engineering blog to learn more about the team and the work they're doing!
In 2000, subscriptions transformed the software world with SaaS. In 2021, subscriptions are transforming the retail and DTC world as the fastest growing segment of commerce.
Ordergrooves SaaS product enables subscription experiences for hundreds of brands including The Honest Company, IL MAKIAGE, KIND Snacks, Peet's Coffee, L'Oreal, and Home Depot, shifting consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to frictionless recurring revenue relationships. Via partnerships with leading eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Salesforce, Adobe Magento and BigCommerce, Ordergroove's omnichannel product coupled with machine learning has processed billions of dollars in subscription volume for tens of millions of consumers.
Recently named one of the 2019 and 2020's Best Companies to Work For in New York, our values celebrate collaboration, different perspectives and curiosity with the goal of getting to the right answer, no matter who came up with it. At Ordergroove we are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team so that we gain different perspectives and build the best team possible. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity to celebrate our successes.
With a fully flexible work from anywhere culture, staying connected and supporting each other are always top of mind. We build our tight-knit community through small group events like trivia night, cooking classes and book clubs. We encourage cross-functional relationships through virtual coffees and we stay close to the business through weekly team updates and quarterly all hands meetings.
At Ordergroove, we focus on flexibility and empowering our team to make the right decisions for themselves. We have flexible PTO (you take vacation when you need it, not when you have earned the hours), a new work-from-anywhere policy (totally remote anywhere in the US, or you can go into the NYC office as much as you would like), and an annual personal development budget that you use for what matters to you (wellness, career development, productivity at home, etc). And of course that is on top of the basics like competitive compensation (including stock options) and incredible, affordable benefits. Come join our amazing team while we enable the fastest growing segment of commerce that makes life easier for millions of consumers every day!