Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each persons perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe its important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Help us hack a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life. Our tech team is still small (roughly 200+), and you will be a big part of defining the technical direction and culture. We encourage proposals for projects off the beaten path, experimentation with different frameworks and libraries, and doing as you see fit to solve problems. Our Engineering team is headquartered in NYC, but is remote friendly. All remote employees must be US-based.
We are working hard to make the mortgage experience extraordinary, and we need exceptional frontend engineers to do it! Every behavior and interaction matters in helping our borrowers easily navigate a complex process. As a Senior Frontend Developer in Homeowner Experience, you could work on any number of projects including:
- Eligibility and Verification: In order to make homeownership accessible to all Americans, we need to ensure our processes and education can accommodate the diversity of our customer base. How can we create customer experiences that simplify an enormously complex process and increase transparency around eligibility criteria?
- Purchase Journey: Homebuyers want one place to search real estate listings, connect with a real estate agent and get their mortgage. We are creating a customized journey for new purchase borrowers that encompasses every step of the homebuying process.
- Last Mile: After homeowners have gone through their verification process, theres a lot of waiting that happens until the day they close their loans. Anxiety is high. How can we improve their experience as their loan finalizes and gets funded?
- You have extensive experience with React, Ember, Angular, Vue or other modern JS frameworks (React preferred)
- You have some experience with Node.js/Typescript
- You effectively collaborate cross functionally with designers, product managers and other engineers.
- You have a keen product sense and know when a feature works and when it can be improved.
- Youre passionate about shipping fast, smooth, seamless experiences.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- We continuously ship code to production 50-100 times every day
- Services written in Node.js, Python (3.6) and Go that expose APIs using GraphQL or OpenAPI
- React, CSS in JS, Apollo/GraphQL, webpack, SCSS, Ember.js on the frontend
- TypeScript / ES7 across the stack
- Postgres for our relational databases, ActiveMQ for our message broker, Redis for caching, Redshift for analytics
- Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform for deployment and devops
- AWS infrastructure, leveraging EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, and much more
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.