Office Tour Photos
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the Cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We are building the Insights Platform to support our customer's observability needs.
On DigitalOceans Insights Team, you will build and operate cloud-scale distributed time-series databases powering all customer insights. We ingest and store two billion metrics every day for our customers. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for automating the operations while extending the platform to meet our customers' needs and internal product teams.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Support and improve our customer Insights Platform by operating and extending the Open Source software we depend on (Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana).
- Work closely with other product teams to enhance product offerings and improve our customer's observability.
- Automate as much of the operational work as possible to allow time for innovation.
- Working with exciting technologies such as Kubernetes, Prometheus/Thanos, Go, Docker, Kafka, ScyllaDB, and more.
What We Expect From You:
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Go, C/C++, Java, Python, Ruby. We primarily use Go, but sometimes we need to extend systems written in other languages such as Java.
- A willingness to dive into configuration management, deployment automation, and instrumentation.
- An appreciation of SRE principles, along with utilizing data and automation to improve systems.
- Excellent communication skills. We work intimately with product teams to ensure our customers have the observability they need to be successful on our platform.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!
More Jobs From