Office Tour Photos
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
Reporting to the VP Product, the Senior Director, Product Management will lead a team of Product Managers across our Compute, Storage and Networking product lines.
The reward? You will get to work with a team of high-energy and dedicated product managers, designers and engineers to deliver products that enable our community of 3.5 million developers to spend more time on innovation instead of managing infrastructure. This role is a great opportunity for Product Leaders with a track record of managing product teams and expertise in IaaS, PaaS or infrastructure B2B Software.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Oversee Product Management work in your teams, to ensure that development effort meets user needs, is aligned with company goals, and ships product in a consistent, plannable cadence
- Relentlessly listen and proactively reach out to customers through a variety of channels
- Drive Product Management best practices to improve consistency and sustainable organizational growth
- Hire, develop, mentor, and provide ongoing performance feedback to Product Managers on your teams
- Support senior management during quarterly and yearly planning through roadmap prioritization, definition, and refinement of business cases
- Work with internal and external stakeholders such as Marketing, Sales, Support, Community, Product Design (UX), and Operations to ensure alignment across the organization.
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience in Product Management running large businesses across cloud infrastructure
- Experience managing high performing product managers
- Financial and Business Case Modeling
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to demonstrate empathy with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field, such as computer science, engineering or mathematics.
- Experience talking with developers in their own language to come to the best solution from the beginning (hobby or professional coding experience in any language is a plus)
- Past success in shaping software products with an eye on ease-of-use
- Successfully managed a complex technical product
- Experience with B2C product management is a plus
- Hands-on experience as a user of cloud infrastructure is a plus
- MSc or MBA is a plus
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Product #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Product team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!
More Jobs From