Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Heres why:
- Its working. Were now in eight states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- Were well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise in December and have years of cash runway in the bank. Were backed by some of the top investors in the world--including Googles Gradient AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- Its not too late! Despite this traction and stability, were still early enough in the journey that theres time to make a real difference during Openlys formative period.
If youd like to understand more about Openlys mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. Its outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey were on.
Openly is looking for a finance leader who will support management with data-driven, strategic financial insights.
- Ownership of FP&A process, looking for opportunities to enhance forecasting, operational KPI setting, and budget/spend management. Beyond just financial modeling, we are looking for someone who will embed themselves with business teams, quickly establishing trust and an understanding of the business, economics and key drivers.
- Design and implement key internal reporting and operational processes, such as competitive intelligence and procurement management.
- Support the design and execution of internal controls, fostering a culture of risk management within the organization.
- Drive as-needed financial modeling, providing clear financial insights that help management gauge trade-offs and implications of different strategic alternatives.
- Be a thought leader and partner to the CFO as the organization expands, spearheading projects as they arise and helping create a leading-edge Finance team.
Candidates are required to be analytical, highly effective communicators, and display thoughtful business judgement. The ideal candidate will have a mix of accounting and financial planning background, with a proven track record of employing analysis to influence senior-level decision-making. The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic who is highly results-oriented, inquisitive, and enjoys problem solving with minimal structure.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA a plus but not required
- Insurance experience is highly desirable
- 12+ years of relevant progressive experience; problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly desirable
- Proven leadership skills (including direct management of a team) and the ability and willingness to coach, develop, and mentor others is required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are essential, with prior programming experience a plus (R, Python, etc.)
- Excels in a fast-paced, demanding environment; able to manage multiple tasks and juggle several time-sensitive demands, while adapting to changing priorities
- Able to create and deliver effective presentations to senior leaders with wide-ranging backgrounds
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) company contributions, flexible spending accounts and monthly remote stipend
- Fun, high-energy startup environment, remote workforce even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Training, coaching and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.