Office Tour Photos
Jobcase is a social media platform dedicated to empowering and advocating for the worlds workers. We develop technology to help people lead better, more meaningful work-lives providing access to jobs, tools to take action, and a community for support. Jobcase is an affiliate of MITs Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, and collaborates with employers, nonprofits and government agencies to both improve, and diversify access to opportunity and participation in the workforce.
As a data engineer, youll be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the data systems that make possible our scale and rapid growth a data lake, 50+TB data warehouse, data pipelines and ETL jobs, and all the technologies and tools to build and maintain them. Youll be our first data engineering specialist in a broader engineering team, leading decision-making about data
technologies and how we use them. Youll work closely with colleagues in business, product, engineering, and machine learning roles.
What you'll be doing here
- Evolve our data architecture to better support data-driven decisions at all levels of the company
- Define and choose requirements in collaboration with business and technical leaders, proposing partial solutions, discussing tradeoffs, and reframing needs where appropriate
- Build strong relationships with technical colleagues to be able to drive architecture and systems decisions with little oversight and to integrate data management across systems
- Troubleshoot scaling issues and system problems, and contribute to overall security, availability, and disaster recovery planning
About you and your skills
- Experience designing, redesigning, and building multiple distributed architectures for storage and for batch and real-time processing
- Experience with Amazon AWS technologies such as RDS, Aurora, Redshift, EMR, Athena, Glue, Kinesis, managed Kafka; with the Spark ecosystem; and with learning and applying new technologies
- Well-informed opinions about what data pipelines and ETL should be maintained in hand-written code vs built with tools, as well as what should be maintained centrally vs by distributed teams
- Degree in computer science, information systems, analytics, or other technical field, or other equivalent experience
- Affiliated partner of MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, CSAIL
- 100% medical and dental coverage
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Gym membership
- Boston Business Journal best place to work every year since our launch in 2015
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your whole self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path youve taken to get here, we value you at Jobcase. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great product that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we cant wait to meet you! Apply to any and every role that feels like the right next step on your journey, regardless of the criteria weve listed.
Jobcase does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From