Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Senior Business Development & Capture Manager will serve as a key leader, responsible for the business development & capture of telehealth and connected care opportunities in support of the Amwell Government Solutions growth strategy. This individual must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full business development life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. He/She will routinely be engaged in multiple large solicitation pursuits at various stages of capture at the same time.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in Business Development and/or Capture Management with proven experience supporting IT solutions for Care Delivery, Operational Medicine or Telehealth programs with the Defense Health Agency, VHA and other federal agencies and departments.
Successful candidates will have the ability to identify and develop emerging opportunities as well as conceptualize a vision for winning, to develop a capture plan that implements the vision and translates into win themes, to adjust the vision as landscapes evolve, and to focus and manage the capture activities and team (internal and external) to achieve the vision through final proposal submission and assist in preparing the execution team to perform quickly post-award.
- Develop a plan for securing knowledge and understanding of the customers requirements, issues, and needs during the pursuit and capture phases and lead planning sessions with Amwell core teams. Strategize on win themes aligned with customers critical needs.
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration and workshop sessions, proposal reviews
- Lead competitive assessments, teaming strategies, and price-to-win efforts with internal analysts and pricing teams.
- Lead the development and submission of white papers, RFI responses, and other proposal artifacts as assigned
- Develop, apply, and iterate BD and capture planning processes and best practices consistently to advance pipeline development
- Brief opportunity status to senior management, to the CEO level when appropriate, at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed
- Conduct after-action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Develop capture budgets and execute capture plans within those approved budgets
- Bachelors Degree Required, Masters Preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years direct experience
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant business development and capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- A proven track record of successful business development and capture management in the telehealth and health IT market across multiple organizations and program offices including those in the Defense Health Agency, VA Office of Connected Care, Health and Human Services, Department of Justice, and Homeland Security at a variety of acquisition sizes
- A track record of leading large business development and captures and winning those competitions; as well as developing and managing a multiple opportunity pipeline
- Experience leading teams in a virtual environment; ability to work through others and get results from teams that do not report directly to you but are committed to your success.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; Technical writing and proposal development experience
- 25% travel or as required Program management and/or IT systems experience a plus
- Completed professional training in Capture Management a plus
- Prior military experience a plus
Should you join Amwell and the Government Solutions team, you can expect:
A team that is a fast-paced, dedicated and mission focused on shaping the present and future of Amwell while delivering valuable and transformative solutions to government agencies. We are seeking operational excellence from leaders that are strategic thinkers with strong opportunity management and deal execution proficiency. Whether whiteboarding new use cases for telehealth or navigating complex acquisition requirements to support interoperability and cyber security requirements, expect to work closely with our executive team with each day bringing a new set of exciting challenges.
Our team culture is based around senior executive relationships, creative and entrepreneurial business propositions, white glove service, and highly polished written and verbal communications all focused on developing and maintaining major strategic partnerships with industry partners and government clients across agencies and departments that complement and extend the scope of our traditional commercial telehealth offerings. Given the size, importance, and innovative nature of such relationships, we collaborate regularly and closely with the functional leadership across the company.
Our current team priorities are centered on actively shaping new opportunities, building awareness of Amwell within public sector, establishing long term strategic teams and partnerships and helping to inform emerging requirements. We are constantly seeking to identify opportunities to leverage existing contracting vehicles and partnerships for innovations or demonstration projects to validate agency assumptions and quantify scalable value propositions for telehealth and virtual care. We are developing winning strategies to support broad implementations of telehealth and digital care solutions across multiple government agencies and departments as well as engaging and partnering with the commercial healthcare partners that support their mission.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting