CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team in New York. You are a highly-experienced and motivated engineer with substantial experience building core infrastructure. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and building the companys automated manufacturing software system from the ground up.
- Emphasize user experience while maintaining stability and scalability
- Collaborate across the org; maintain a high level of technical excellence while balancing business needs
- Help new team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring
- Grow the engineering team by interviewing candidates and providing feedback
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- Extensive experience building core infrastructure in the cloud (APIs, service bus, systems configuration, data access layers, application interfaces, and data schemas)
- 5+ years of C# experience
- Substantial experience with agile software practices (version control, defect tracking, continuous deployment, deployment management, QA automation)
- Exceptional software development fundamentals
- Some DevOps and IaaS experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Familiarity with Microsoft Orleans and Azure IOT framework
- Experience with Node.js and knowledge of the key libraries
- Experience building software for a solution that has a complex physical fulfillment model (eg Blue Apron)
- Experience using software to communicate with hardware components
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Startup experience
Working at CreateMe:
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our flexible Paid Time Off
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.