Office Tour Photos
A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about this role:
Technology does amazing things in our daily lives, yet often is a source of pain and confusion within health care. We want to be different at Devoted, so we have built tools and frameworks that allow us to solve our members and our teammates needs quickly and flexibly. We deploy code 40+ times a day by relying on exhaustive test suites and monitoring to ensure reliability.
In addition to speed and reliability, to truly succeed at our mission to treat every member like theyre family, its critical that we build technology centered on the safety and security of our members health information. Though we see this as a shared responsibility across the Technology organization, we are now looking to add someone to our team with deep security expertise.
We want someone who is passionate about their work and serving users. Were looking for folks who have worked in complex domains and systems, and come through it with some wisdom but most importantly humility. We want someone who is excited about the variety of work in Security Engineering: tool-building, security research, developer education, and compliance support.
Whether you have a healthcare background or not, we are excited to learn from and share knowledge with you. Our engineering leadership team includes seasoned alumni of healthcare and technology organizations spanning the public and private sector. Our co-founders deeply understand and care about good technology: Todd Park co-founded Athenahealth, a multi-billion-dollar healthcare technology company, and served as CTO of the U.S.; Ed Park was Athenahealth's founding engineer and served as its CTO, COO, and President of Services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing a deep understanding of our application in order to build tools to monitor and alert on the most important system activity
- Working with external pen testers to continuously improve our security posture, including fixing bugs in the application stack
- Choosing and implementing appropriate security monitoring and hardening tools
- Collaborating with Engineering, Data, and Product teammates to ensure technical compliance through education, process improvement, and improved design
Attributes to success:
- Experience coupled with a willingness to learn new things
- Comfort with uncertainty and a desire to be close to business problems
- Desire to contribute individually, with the ability both to self-direct work and to collaborate with others on the technology team
- Understanding of many technologies down to first principles, and a desire to add more to the list
- Curiosity and drive to improve process and tooling
Required skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- 5+ years' experience in a hands-on software engineering or technical operations role
- 3+ years' experience working predominantly on web and infrastructure security
- Experience with GraphQL and/or gRPC
- Experience developing secure cloud-deployed services and infrastructure. AWS is mandatory!
- Understanding of the latest technologies, security trends and protocols
- Strong communication skills with a history of successful collaboration with development teams
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
More Jobs From