6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. Were revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by cloud-based software.
As a Senior Accountant at 6RS, you will support accounting operations as we implement new systems, processes, and reporting practices. This is an opportunity to join the team as we maintain the agility of a startup while meeting public company standards following the 2019 acquisition by Shopify.
In this new position, you will:
- Support with monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial closes, including assigned journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations. This will include accounting for raw materials, inventory, and fixed assets.
- Ensure 6RS customers receive bills and submit payment on time. We recognize revenue in accordance with ASC 606 and we have many complicated contracts with unique requirements.
- Calculate sales commissions each month to reward the team based on recent sales activity and progress toward annual quotas. You will also manage capitalized contract cost asset and amortization schedules.
- Analyze and review financial results to understand the factors driving variances and assist FP&A colleagues with improvements to forecasting by line item.
- Become an expert on our financial systems (NetSuite, FloQast, Workday, Coupa) and contribute to implementation of new systems and documentation of processes and policies as we maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Partner with FP&A and other teams by to build reports or conduct analyses when needed.
- Complete ad hoc projects including but not limited to: sales tax, VAT reporting, intercompany accounting, inventory metric reporting
- Experience in accounting, either within a company or a public accounting firm;
- Knowledge of US GAAP and ASC 606 with relevant coursework or training
- Experience with Microsoft Excel: you're comfortable organizing data sets and identifying trends using a variety of functions, like vlookups, sumifs, index(match),etc.
- A multitasker: youre comfortable with a high-volume list of varied tasks and able to prioritize accordingly
- Tech-savvy: were tech enabled and always looking for opportunities to automate and create repeatable processes
- A champion of change: when business needs and requirements change, our processes and approach must be adaptable - youll support change by sharing helpful information with colleagues, customers, and vendors
- Attentive to details: you understand that if something small gets missed, it can snowball and have future impact
- Deadline driven: as part of a public company, we have to close the books on time
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.