The Security Researcher is a focused, R&D role stemming from the following capabilities: security practitioner/analyst, researcher, product developer, evangelist, engineer, business development executive and customer enabler. We apply practitioner and development experience and security innovation to Devo products and to partners and in the worldwide security community. The Security Researcher will partner with PS, Engineering, CloudOps, Marketing, Pre-sales, partners and customers fostering collaboration and contribution to the security community as well as Devo product improvements and requirements.
Candidates Who Fit this Description
- Work with the Product team in architecture and design, collaborate with product team to help strengthen the Devo platform.
- Advise Ops on Information Security issues, systems, processes, products and services.
- Help create security standards applicable to all technologies in the IT and product portfolio.
- Collaborate with Professional Services, Engineering, CloudOps and partners/MSSPs’ compliance and other affiliated groups to work through strategic product initiatives.
- Work with Services, Engineers and partners to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Provide SME for Devo products and future products/services across all business units through innovation.
- Drive Devo security methodology and adoption across Partners and security market.
- Conduct workshops to help Devo customers, services and partners solve use cases using Devo.
- Develop product presentations, whitepapers, product briefs and
- solutions guides that clearly articulate the value of Devo
- Evangelize and demonstrate Devo at conferences, tradeshows, to analysts, blogs and customers
- Use Devo as a platform to contribute to security community to push security research
- Contribute to external research projects benefitting the security community and Devo community
- Foster development and design in Devo based on security research in the field
- Drive innovation using Devo for security research, automation, investigation and visualization
Essential Functions/Job Requirements
- Develop Security tools, best practices and processes in Devo to help democratize DFIR
- Design and implement new dashboards, charts/graphs, reports, content and Alerts through the User Interface, API/SDK and external interactions with the platform.
- Develop and maintain intelligence feeds, analysis and feedback with Devo Threat Data Service
- Have deep technical expertise in network defense technologies, forensic tools, and active defense technologies.
- Define and document SecOps and core platform use for security use cases.
- Review customer processes and business requirements to help determine new and innovative ways to leverage Devo
- Provide community security leadership to extend the organization’s ability to optimize use of emerging security technologies
- Stay current with security technologies and threats and make recommendations for use based on business value
- Expand the detections, observations, indicators and workflow of the product
- Apply subject matter expertise to product context and enrichment for customers (via hunting) and partners
- Product security expertise [SSDLC/security assessment]
- Conduct industry leading security research to help the community and Devo
- Speak at conferences and present research
A Devo researcher builds partnerships and collaborative interaction between internal groups such as services, R&D, CloudOps and customers. This role may represent up to 50% travel at peak times, including security conferences, off-sites, and research projects.
- Deep networking background, knowledge of services and protocols
- Must have a deep technical capability in at least one of the following: Forensics, Security Operations/Incident Response, Research/Threat Detection, Threat Hunting, Development, Malware analysis, DFIR, Breach Response.
- Familiar with git, gitflow and Engineering tools such as JIRA and confluence as part of daily work stream.
- Systems administration skills using both *nix and Microsoft platforms, extending APIs, Integrating technology.
- Linux/Windows Administration/System Management/Automation tools
- Advanced networking topologies, protocols, infrastructure and networking architectures.
- Comfortable with scripting; java, python - C/C++ nice to have.
Minimum Required Education/Experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years or work experience as a security practitioner or related role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team player, creative, self-motivated, has a positive attitude and a strong desire for continued personal growth.
- US Citizenship Required
- Security Clearance not required, but a plus
- A Background Check will be performed
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
More Jobs From